Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Transgendered Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 am
pie 9812
kh.ikari
I see. I don't seem to be able to get along with guys, and they don't seem to be able to get along with me. I don't have a best friend currently, but usually my best friends are girls. I'm glad that they're fine with who you are. I've tried keeping my being transgendered secret. I mentioned the slightest word about it to my mom Sunday, and she went crazy over it. She was very upset. I can understand that. You're not a freak for being the way you are. If you feel more like a girl inside there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You should embrace who you feel you truly are inside. Those guys can't really judge you anyways. They don't even know you.

i havent even hinted it to my mom. she is super religious and wouldnt approve at all. once i came home with my nails painted and she made me take it off right away. the kids at school that barley even know my name know more about my life than she does.

I know how you feel. I come from a pretty conservative family, and the first thing my mom said when I hinted at it, was that I was sinning and going against God. It was on April Fool's Day so she said you'd better be joking. I'm just going to let her think it's a joke so she doesn't go off on me again. She doesn't accept any sexual orientation besides straight. Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender are all unacceptable to her. That's the same for me. She knows hardly anything about me compared to my friends. That's why I tell her I care more about my friends than my family. I'm just uncomfortable around my family because they don't know me, and if they did, they wouldn't accept me for who I really am.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm
i could just hide it from my parents like i have been doing... but it could be a problem if i ever want to do hormones. i would have to wait until i move out. by then i could develope more masculine features that i would need surgery to correct. right now i could probably pass as a female if i had the right clothes and a little makeup (i do have an adams apple that could give it away though). people that dont really know me say its scary how much i look like a girl when i pull my hair back.  

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm
I hate to say this, but if your parents aren't the kind to accept it, I would continue hiding it. That would be a problem. I understand your reasoning though. I unfortunately have very masculine features that would require a bit of surgery to fix. I'm 20 so I'm pretty much fully developed physically. I'm not sure I would ever take hormones or get a sex change operation. I definitely feel more like a girl inside, but I could do living in my current body. I just wish I could at least dress like a girl from time to time, even if I can only wear like panties or something underneath my guy clothing. That wouldn't be too surprising. Maybe there's a reason you feel like a girl inside and look like one too.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 pm
guys should be able to wear girls clothes without being ridiculed. girls wear guy stuff all the time and people dont even notice. girls can wear pants so why cant guys wear skirts? and maby your right about my appearence and personality being similar.  

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:23 pm
I wish it were that way. I'm afraid of what my mom would do/say if she ever caught me wearing girls clothes. I plan to wear them once I have my own place though. There's always a negative connotation when guys want to dress like girls, but it's okay if girls dress like guys. I honestly don't get it. I don't see what's so bad if guys want to wear panties, skirts, bras, stockings, etc. If we find it comfortable we should be able to wear it. Maybe indeed.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm
girls did have the same problem with equal rights though. at one point they got ridiculed for wearing pants. now its a common thing. maby if enough guys show an intrest in wearing feminine clothing it will eventually be accepted.  

Katie Kaguya

Dangerous Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:32 am
Maybe.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 pm
I'm not a transgender, but I think there's a problem with your "maybe I'm actually a girl" theory. Isn't a transgender a person who's surgically altered to look like and pretty much be the opposite gender they were?  

mndbnd

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 pm
No. A transgendered person is a person who identifies with the opposite gender. I was born a male, but inside I'm more of a female. Many who are transgendered do get surgeries to change their gender to the one they feel they are, but that's not what transgender means. You don't have to have a surgery to be transgender. I'm proudly transgender but I'm not surgically altered, and I don't plan, at least at this time, on ever getting the surgery to change my appearance.  
Help and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff