Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Time to come out, I need some help..?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quirky Kawaii Skye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 pm
So here's some background info. I told my mom I was interested ONLY in girls when I was younger, and then she kept telling me, no no, you think boys are cute. So, she somehow convinced me other wise. And I told her I was bisexual, then I told her I was straight around 6 months ago. (Biggest Mistake Of My Life.)
We very rarely talk about my being 'confused.' And, well, I really want her to know the truth.
But I feel like, now, since I've told her so many different stories, I cant come out. Ever.

Has anyone else done what I did?

She's told me she feels like I am saying I'm straight because I feel like thats what I think she wants to hear. *I do have a habit of doing that...*
So, maybe do you think she suspects it or knows?

Also, I need some suggestions on coming out..

Thanks in Advance.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:10 am
Well if she has said that she thinks you're saying what she wants to hear, then there's a pretty good chance she knows or at least suspects it. So I mean, to come out I don't think it'd be a surprise, especially since you had told her when you were younger.

I really don't think it'd come as a huge shock. :3

Uhm, I sort of did that too, without directly declaring anything. I tried to convince myself I was into guys, anyway. Had a "boyfriend" for a while (real innocent sense of the word, though. Only ever kissed him), but I never felt any sort of connection or attraction. And I'm sort of lucky since my mother seems to have a better gaydar than I do: she called me out on being gay. Anyway, I guess my point is that even if you've said one thing, your mom is probably expecting the truth anyway, especially with what she said.

As for coming out, it all depends what you're comfortable with. You could start by just dropping hints every now and then (I made a lot of closet jokes with my folks before they caught on, haha). Or I mean, there are the more direct ways. Just saying it or even writing a letter or something like that. Or you can always do the cheesy, literally jump out of the closet route, then just shout it, lol

Just a few ideas for you.
3nodding  

starcommand

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas