Reply Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]
I think I'm on the verge of failing…

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saia Kakaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 pm
So… um, hi. This might be classified to go under the school forum, but… I don't really know.

I'm currently a freshmen in college, and… well, it's not been going good. Life-wise, it's fine. School-wise… not so much. I've been failing some of my classes this semester, and last semester I totally bombed. Like, Academic probation bombed. While I am in a mentor program to help me get off of the academic probation, I don't feel like it's working mostly because of my input. I'm easily distracted (diagnosed with ADD) and I hardly ever do my work. I know the best solution would be to just go somewhere and focus on my work, but I'm really, really bad at self-discipline and time management. I used to get a B average in high school, but once senior-itis hit… it never left. I'm really afraid of failing out of college, especially since my family's all saying that "I can do it" and they've put faith in me. I just really, really, don't want to let them down, but… I'm not quite sure what I should do at this point. Any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:01 pm
hmm, are you in any high leveled classes? Like the honers classes? If you are, maybe you should move down to normal classes. If not, I must ask, what is it you are failing on? Quizzes, tests, or just homework?

If its a test, they dont normally count for as much as a quiz (or atleast in my case). So just clear your mind snd focus on the easy stuff. Multiple choice is the second easiest. If you dont know, NEVER SKIP! Guess. And remember, your first guess is usually the right one. True false is the EASIEST!
Quizes might count for a little more, but their easier.

wahmbulance TIP ALERT! wahmbulance
When you are done the test/quiz, look it over. You might find the answer to another question.

Also, when doing homework, put everything distracting away. Weather it be a stuffed animal or just bubble wrap (ran out of ideas XP) listen to music while doing homework. It clears my head. Listen to calming music especially when doing the harder subjects.

hope this helps!!!! <3 <3 <3 <333333  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash