Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Lady Gaga

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Sarah IT Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 am
OK, so - another Gaga thread...

We all know that she's an LBGT supporter, and is very openly supportive of gays and lesbians, but I've heard some people say that she isn't a good transgender supporter due to some transphobic things she's said. What did she say?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:02 am
i dont know what she said thats anti trans. some people in the glbt community and think she is just faking being bi and supporting us just to be popular so it might just be a rumor about what she said, like her giant d**k  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:08 am
i love Lady Gaga!!! she is an amazing artist and i love how she supports us. I dont know if there is a transphobic themes, but i might have to listen again  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 am
Lady Gaga is pretty cool, but Sarah Palin defeated her in the only thing she ever won.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 pm
Hear say is useless unless there is documented proof that she actually said it. She has never actually labeled herself as being bisexual, but of course other people feel they have a right to label her. In her interview with Barbara Walters, she says that she has only been in love with men, although she has had sexual relationships with women. So my thing is if she isn't claiming to be bi, how is she faking it? A lot of the things people say about Lady Gaga are fabricated because they don't like her, so they feel the need to try and destroy her reputation to make themselves feel better. It's what many haters do when they're jealous of celebrities, like Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber. Because at such young ages, they have accomplished more than those haters will ever accomplish in their entire lives, and that makes them bitter.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm
That could just be a rumor started by trolls... She's too nice of a person to say anything against trans-genders.  

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:03 pm
Insatiable Lust
Hear say is useless unless there is documented proof that she actually said it. She has never actually labeled herself as being bisexual, but of course other people feel they have a right to label her. In her interview with Barbara Walters, she says that she has only been in love with men, although she has had sexual relationships with women. So my thing is if she isn't claiming to be bi, how is she faking it? A lot of the things people say about Lady Gaga are fabricated because they don't like her, so they feel the need to try and destroy her reputation to make themselves feel better. It's what many haters do when they're jealous of celebrities, like Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber. Because at such young ages, they have accomplished more than those haters will ever accomplish in their entire lives, and that makes them bitter.

i thought she said somewhere that the poker face song was about her beiong with men while thinking of women. and i think she has said a few times that she does have an interest in women  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm
I can think of a couple of situations where some of the things she's said could be considered transphobic. There's this quote:

Quote:
"I really am a lady!" says Lady GaGa insisting that she isn't a transsexual, as previously being speculated by various media.

I've also read that she's used a slur before, plus there's the video for Telephone and the controversy it caused.  

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm
Shanna66
Insatiable Lust

i thought she said somewhere that the poker face song was about her beiong with men while thinking of women. and i think she has said a few times that she does have an interest in women

Apparently you don't know how to read. I said she never actually labeled herself as being bisexual. From everything she's actually said on the subject, it's completely possible she's in an experimental phase. She's only human, she can experiment with women without having to be bisexual.

Sleepy Snake
I can think of a couple of situations where some of the things she's said could be considered transphobic. There's this quote:

Quote:
"I really am a lady!" says Lady GaGa insisting that she isn't a transsexual, as previously being speculated by various media.

I've also read that she's used a slur before, plus there's the video for Telephone and the controversy it caused.

Don't be stupid. She did that because of all the hype people were making about her having a p***s. Not as a slur against Trans people. Grow up.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm
Sleepy Snake

Quote:

O.o
But, that quote doesn't actually involve Lady GaGa saying, "I have something against Transsexuals", or anything like that. The "insisting that she isn't a transsexual" bit was stated by someone else. Plus, even though she seemed to actually be insisting that she wasn't transsexual, I think that anyone who was wrongly accused of being a transsexual would feel the need to be defensive. It doesn't really suggest that she's against transsexuality.
The Telephone video was almost certainly to disprove the claim that she had a p***s, not to slam the transsexual community.
And as for this slur, I'd like to know what it was. If you could find it, please post a link.  

Atrum_Anima

Sleepy Snake

Invisible Exhibitionist

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 pm
Atrum_Anima
O.o
But, that quote doesn't actually involve Lady GaGa saying, "I have something against Transsexuals", or anything like that. The "insisting that she isn't a transsexual" bit was stated by someone else. Plus, even though she seemed to actually be insisting that she wasn't transsexual, I think that anyone who was wrongly accused of being a transsexual would feel the need to be defensive. It doesn't really suggest that she's against transsexuality.
The Telephone video was almost certainly to disprove the claim that she had a p***s, not to slam the transsexual community.
I agree, though that's the main argument I've been able to find when searching for examples of her being transphobic. While I can kind of see how it could be offensive if one takes it to mean that if she had a p***s she wouldn't be a woman, the controversy over Telephone mostly resides in the two guards being misread as trans.

Quote:
And as for this slur, I'd like to know what it was. If you could find it, please post a link.
I just found it. It's from this interview.

Quote:
I just don't feel that it's all that sexy. It's weird. And uncomfortable. I look at photos of myself, and I look like such a tranny! It's amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:55 pm
Shanna66
i dont know what she said thats anti trans. some people in the glbt community and think she is just faking being bi and supporting us just to be popular so it might just be a rumor about what she said, like her giant d**k

A lot of people are talking about how she is only using the lgbt community to get famous. Which I disagree with because she has gone above and beyond what most have. And even if she is just talking about gay rights as a marketing ploy, so what? She is still bringing gay rights in to the light and making everyone think about it. She is making lots of young people who look up to her be okay with homosexuality and being pro-gay rights by talking about it so much. These young people who haven't really heard much about gay rights get to hear someone they admire say positive things about it, which makes them think positively about it. They will (most likely) say, "hey, this person who I think is cool is really passionate about this. I might have to look into this." (I am paraphrasing btw)
Like I said, I don't think any of it is an act I think she is seriously there for the lgbt community. That being said, it would be insane for her as a business woman to not appeal specifically to the community that was instrumental in making her as famous as she is.  

aushtin13

aushtin13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm
After all that being said, I would like to add that I saw her play a show in Tulsa, Oklahoma 2 nights ago and it was pretty amazing. Her piano was on fire.
She also is doing a campaign to raise money for homeless LGBT youth to house them and keep them off the streets. She will also be mathing up to $25,000 of all the money that is raised.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:03 am
The girl herself Lady Gaga is back so this post meant something

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash