Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Any Vegans in the house? I need a lil help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxangelsofchaosxx

Popular Prophet

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:02 pm
So, I have a senior project coming up where I have to present my plans for the future. I plan to go to college and earn a degree in business and marketing~! : D

Oneday, I'm going to own one of the best Cupcake catering business' in Seattle! >: D Believe it! ((lawlz))

SO, my homeroom teacher says that I should bring in 'samples' of my work, I love baking, but I also want to be fair! So I've been working on a vegan recipe for cupcakes and cookies!

I've been really careful in choosing, but I've also been considerate in how it taste as well! Then there's allergies and what not.
Anyways! Here's the list of ingredients I need approval for!
apple cider vinegar
almond milk
all-purpose flour
white sugar
baking powder
baking soda
salt
coconut oil,
vanilla extract

And I think I might use a egg white powder substitute, sounds good?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:52 pm
Some sugar is refined using bone char, but trust me, no one will care. It's awesome that you're being so considerate.

I usually use ground flaxseed as an egg substitute.

Oh, And if you're worried about allergies they also make hemp milk and rice milk. I don't think they're very good.  

Not British Just Gay

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 am
I think it works for the vegans! Just check that you don't have anyone with nut allergies- the almond milk would be an issue there.

I was vegan once. The real pain of it is when you have to go to restaurants you don't know, especially in chinatown where the waiter barely speaks english, and then you have to try to ask is there's egg in the noodles or milk in the broth or.... yeah. And the second pain was watching other people eat cookies I couldn't.

So thank you. For making the delicious!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 am
Thanks so much for the help! Rice milk I hear isn't so bad, the coconut milk was for flavoring, but I can add something else if that's the matter.

Flax! I should have thought of that! Thanks!  

xxangelsofchaosxx

Popular Prophet

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 am
I checked on a non-vegan ingredient list, and none of these were on there, except where they were being listed as alternatives for the non-vegan items. I think these are all good. ^^  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games