Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I got married but... (RANT)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FeenixPhyre18

Tipsy Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:07 am
I got married to my wonderful husband March 23, a couple weeks ago. I couldn't be happier about being his wife, and I'm very glad about my decision. But..I've been thinking, how morally unfair it is how something so life changing, yet so simple (we did it in the courthouse and it took us all of 30 minutes) is often taken for granted for heterosexual couples..but LGBT couples who love each other with all thier hearts have to fight to even experience it, and most never do, especially not in the South, where I live. Its not right..I know this is obvious, and of course gay marriage is something so frequantlly talked about so this is redundant.. but it just really got to me...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 am
*is gay* does not want to be married, maybe one day when im like 50 or something. i dont need it to validate my relationship. if my parents knew then what they know now they wouldnt have gotten married either... so yeah marriage is kinda dumb and doesnt hold any meaning being about as commercialized as baby jesus or whatever...  

HARD N THROBBING INCUBUS

Aged Regular

sparkz88

1,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm
Here in the UK we get something along the lines of marriage, Civil Partnerships. Very good things they are! My partner and myself are now planning ours! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 pm
i dont care too much if same sex couples get to be married or not, but i think they should have access to the same rights as a straight marraige brings.

dont get me wrong though, i would love it if same sex couple could be married, but i do understand why some people believe that marraige should be a union between a man and a woman. some people suggest having something different for same sex couple but with the same rights and i would be fine with that.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:52 pm
Vaan_Lohengrin
*is gay* does not want to be married, maybe one day when im like 50 or something. i dont need it to validate my relationship. if my parents knew then what they know now they wouldnt have gotten married either... so yeah marriage is kinda dumb and doesnt hold any meaning being about as commercialized as baby jesus or whatever...

Pretty much what he said.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:07 pm
Uhh  

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff