Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Advice...I Met This Guy And I Don't Wanna Ruin It

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:58 am
So On Friday [[4/8/2011]] My Friends Told Me That I Should Go To This Dance That Was Being Thrown By The Local LGBT Group. So I Agreed And She Said We Would Be Going With There Friend. [[Blah Blah Went Shopping And Got Picked Up And Dropped Off At The Dance Blah]] So In The Parking Lot Was When I First Saw Him And Ill Admit He Is Very Cute. We All Go Inside And We All Danced. Now Being Me I Sat Down And Watched Everyone Dance For A While And One Of My Friends Asks Me If I Liked Anyone There. I Said The Guy Who We Walked In With. She Goes Up To Him And Tells Him "There's Someone Who Thinks Your Cute And Would Like To Dance With You" She Walks Me Up To Him We Introduce Each Ourselves And We Dance A Couple Times. I Later Asked If He Would Like To Hang Out Sometime And Get To Know Each Other A Little Better. He Agreed So We Exchange Numbers And We Went Our Ways.

Thing Is I'm Very Shy And I Really Like Him And I Don't Wanna Mess Up. If This Goes Well He'l Be My First BF And I Really Like Him. Mainly For Personality. What Should I Do? ;w;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 am
I would suggest you be yourself. Don't come on too strong, but don't be too withdrawn, either. Just take it kinda slow at first and see how it goes. Good luck, lovely! ^-^  

Rin Loveless

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm
Rin Loveless
I would suggest you be yourself. Don't come on too strong, but don't be too withdrawn, either. Just take it kinda slow at first and see how it goes. Good luck, lovely! ^-^

This! Good luck to you m'dear!

~L

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:07 pm
JUST BE YOURSELF!!! don't try to be anything(one) you aren't!! be who you are and if he likes you he likes you for who you are!(: Good Luck Love!! ♥  

DestiexDestruction

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 pm
I have no experience at all, but I'd say be yourself!

And good luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:42 pm
All I can say is be yourself, dont try to be somebody your not.
You got his number because of who you are.
And dont worry about being shy, in my opinion, that just makes a guy cuter.

Good luck <3

iLegoBlock

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:43 pm
You Should Be Reported For Shift-Key Abuse Lol.

Sorry it was distracting. Anyways, I too agree you should be yourself. If he can't accept you for who you are then forget him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 pm
Well, I'm going to jump off the bandwagon and give you more than just "Be Yourself." Here is some advice for your first date (as that is probably the most important impression-making moment of the relationship).

+ On your first "hang out" or "date" or whatever you want to call it, don't have sex. I know, I know, but I'm being honest. Sex early on in the relationship could spell disaster. However, it IS okay to kiss (and by kiss, I mean friendly pecks, not invasive tongues).

+ On the date, always keep the conversation going. If it ends abruptly, start making small talk; playing 20 Questions is always a great way to restart conversation. Also, don't interrupt him while he's talking; let him finish his sentences. Pay close attention to what he's saying, as you'll need that information to come up with a well thought out [and non-ditzy] response. However, do NOT talk about religion or politics. Trust me; they're too serious of subjects to talk about on a first date.

+ Don't refer to him as a "friend" - it may give off the wrong tone, as it might make him think that he's already in the Friend Zone. Although two men (or anyone for that matter) have to be friends before being boyfriends, for now, try to refrain from using the word until you understand his motives.

+ If you go out to eat, don't make him pay for the bill (and don't split the bill either). Pay for the whole thing. If he offers otherwise, strongly insist on paying the bill. If it's to no avail, allow him to pay for it, but reaffirm that you'll pay for the next one.

+ After the date, don't text, call, Facebook, IM, email [etc.] him. Let the moment marinate in your mind. Reflect on what was positive, and try to find out creative and related ways to keep the ball rolling [if you're both still interested]. In my opinion, give at least 12 hours since the date ended to contact him. This allows him to reflect on what happened too.

+ Probably the most important... If you go on a second date, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT stand him up! Being stood up is one of the worst possible things someone can do to another person, as it shows a great level of disrespect, indecency, and a whole plethora of other negatives. If you get stood up, then cut the relationship then-and-there; it's not worth it.

Good Luck and Best Wishes  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:01 am
like everyone before me xd , be yourself. it's nice when a man is honest with himself and acts casual towards other guys  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 am
Just be yourself also.

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash