Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
When you're avoiding someone back...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The new Touhou is out.
  I hear there are some fresh changes.
  A more serious theme with ghosts.
  HP bar is behind the character now.
  The art is still unmistakably ZUN.
View Results

Phantasmal Terra

Magical Hero

4,350 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm
About a week ago one of my friends said she was tired of being social with me. It's been a few days and I still haven't responded to her yet.

I'm not sure what to do here. I don't want to end the friendship, but she sure made me feel unwelcome and unsafe. What would you guys do in this situation?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 am
rolleyes
That's a really lame thing to do.. block ya cause you didn't respond fast enough.. I mean hello ya could of just stepped away from the computer and not put an away message up or just simple been busy on a sit to not reply ASAP like they wanted.

Anywho, I'd still most likely keep em as a friend but just not talk to them that often for getting all huffy puffy over something as dumb as not replying fast enough.  

wo_nyrmo

Dr.Jung

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:57 pm
I agree - it doesn't seem like that should have been their initial reaction.
You should explain to them that you have a life outside of them and technology and that although you value your relationship you also have enough self respect to know when someone is being unfair to you.

Don't let them walk all over you - it doesn't give a proper reception to your future relationship with that person.

I should know - I stayed at a Holiday Inn. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 am
Dr.Jung

I should know - I stayed at a Holiday Inn. wink

With qualifications like that, no wonder everyone looks up to your advice, Dr. Jung! ^_^

Hrm, since then she hasn't sent me any more messages. I wonder if this has become a mutual shunning...  

Phantasmal Terra

Magical Hero

4,350 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:12 am
I recommend shattering her skeleton with one mighty punch. Not the most subtle solution, or the best suited for the situation, but it would make sure nobody ignores you ever again. I mean geez, she should know better than to mess with a master right?.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games