Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Oh hai der!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which phone Qui get?! D:
  Blackberry Curve
  Blackberry Bold
  HTC Wildfire
View Results

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 am
SUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITES!
IT'S BEEN SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

How the hell is everyone?!
Quick update on da Qui:

I'm in my final month of university, the final draft of my research project report is due in May 9th, and I have 2 exams after that. Once they're over, I'm donnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.
HOWEVER,
I am considering coming back for a Masters degree in Ecological Management and Conservation Biology. It's something that's always interested me and if I can get the £3k together (probably through my parents), I might do it. Most conservation jobs would require me to move to England though, so I may just leave the Masters and look for a job with the qualifications I already have.

I come to you today with a debacle, and I need some advice.
I own an LG GT540 and I've only had it for around 7 months. But it keeps crashing/freezing/malfunctioning in other ways and I want to get a new phone. To that end, I'm looking at a Blackberry Curve (which would cost £140 and then £15 per month to top up my credit) OR a Blackberry Bold which is MUCH BETTER but would cost £25 per month over 2 years on contract. I don't want to have money taken out of my account every month, but on the other hand, the BB Curve only has a 2mp camera, compared to the 5mp on the BB Bold (I take pictures with my phone ALOT). I'm also looking at the HTC Wildfire as it's fairly affordable and my friend likes hers. But I get annoyed at the touch screen on my own phone, and I'm not sure which to go for. I've been agonising over this decision for weeks, and any advice/anecdotes you guys have would be really helpful biggrin

(I do realise I'm basically asking you guys to decide for me, I'm so indecisive it's not even funny sad )

Discuss:

The above debacle
HOW ARE YOU GUYS?!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am
I don't know what you're talking about, darling. Speak '80's please. ;D  

The Great Freddie Mercury

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:09 pm
Hopefully someone who knows phones will come in. XD I just pick a random one that I think I should like. Though all the ones I want are now discontinued. I like the double sliders, where you can slide it down to have the regular numerical keyboard and slide it sideways for a full keyboard. Now it's all touchpad.

Perhaps there is a forum somewhere for stuff like this? Maybe search for it?

And yay! Congrats on soon graduating. I kind of can't wait until I graduate and can get a job. I like learning, but the stress of grades gets to me. @___@  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 pm
there is a forum somewhere on Gaia, but it's kinda snobby and unhelpful.
well, it was when i posted something in there for a friend, and that was months ago....

diffun

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:19 pm
Haha, thanks guys. I really ought to have tried a tech forum but for some reason, here was the first place I thought of coming to for advice xd
I ended up buying the BlackBerry Curve and it's awesome. I've linked it to my Facebook and Twitter and can use Windows Live Messenger from it biggrin
I still need to set up my e-mail though...

Anyway, yeah, it seems really dead around here lately. It must just be that everyone is growing up and becoming busy with real life sad
I should be writing my dissertation at the minute, but I'm distracting myself with Portal 2 (which, FYI Valve fans, is fantastic btw).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:26 am
The Great Freddie Mercury
I don't know what you're talking about, darling. Speak '80's please. ;D
You're username made me start singing Queen songs. Dx

Now I have Radio Ga Ga stuck in my head.

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items