Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Macs *shudder*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your favorite Mac?
  Bernie Mac!
  Any of the new ones
  Mark Morrison (Return of the Mack)
  Mac? Psh, it's all about the Apple IIe's that had Oregon Trail
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:28 pm
My laptop's hard drive failed so I decided to buy a macbook pro, cuz I gots ta get my study on and those comps are known for their stability, and the netbook (though effective at what it does) falls terribly short to watching video lectures. Also with an estimated 300k in student loan debt by the time I graduate, what's another 2 thousand?

The only Apple store in the area is at a mall, so I go there and buy it. The sit me down with a guy who's just gushing about macs, all while I just want to get out of there and do my schoolwork. Interesting note: there is no way to walk out of an Apple store in the mall with a macbook pro without feeling like a tool.

The computer is nice, but Mac OS doesn't feel as revolutionary as mac whores say it would be. That being said, it's nice to have a working computer to study-but-then-fail-to-do-so-by-surfing-youtube-facebook-and-posting-on-gaia.

sent from my Macbook Pro  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:45 pm
You could have built a god-like laptop for half of that. Dx  

Gorilla and You

Anxious Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:55 am
Three hundred thousand dollars damn what university are you in?! eek  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:11 am
Lol...you can either buy a house or study medicine hey? xD  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

o0Lainy0o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:30 am
*shrugs* I first bought a mac to try it out and have loved it ever since. Have a mac book pro now.

I use both windows and my mac and just prefer the mac os. I'm certainly not going to gush like a nutter over it though. Both of them have their perks and downfalls. Its all about preferences really.

I'm certainly not going to tell anyone to buy one. I would recommend them yes but i'm rather fearful of someone calling me a mac sheep just because of my personal preference for them over windows. why do some people have to be so horrible over little things? I don't get it, i mean go ahead with the people who are being douches but the rest of us are reasonable. :/

That is a rather big debt O_o  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 am
Gorilla and You
You could have built a god-like laptop for half of that. Dx
My Toshiba was a beast when I bought it, but I know that Macs are more stable and harder to get games on, so it would keep me from procrastinating as much as possible

Kosai: this is the expense breakdown for first year, the loan amount stays the same relatively, though next year the people rotating in LA will have estimated expenses of 90k
http://www.midwestern.edu/Documents/Financial Aid documents/MEDICAL COA_AZ1112.pdf  

Aaditya

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm
Macs aren't god-like, but I've had 10x less problems with my Mac than I did any of my PC laptops, and I got this one used from my dad.

I only briefly had a problem with my touchpad or something, but it somehow fixed itself?

I don't see why people like obsess over Macs because it's not THAT important, but I generally like Macs more now even thought they are ********' expensive.
Though now when I'm trying to fix something on my friend's laptop, I keep two finger tapping the touchpad trying to right click. D<  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games