Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Republicans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm
Atrum_Anima
Sarah_L_Awesome
i'm Canadian, i find all american politics are confusing.

So do Americans. That's why we vote for whoever has the cooler name.
I do this all the time in elections at school > .>  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:59 pm
Speaking as an Australian, I say both parties can be equally smart and stupid at certain times. And some times, they don't even live up to their promises which got them into the government, so it doesn't matter. It's like here in Australia, we had the Labor party elected several times, and they didn't live up to what was promised of them, so most of us swayed and started voting for the Australian Liberal party (which is center-right, not left). I'm not sure how it works for the voters over at America, so I'm not sure if this response has any credibility.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm
She Promised You Cookies
Speaking as an Australian, I say both parties can be equally smart and stupid at certain times. And some times, they don't even live up to their promises which got them into the government, so it doesn't matter. It's like here in Australia, we had the Labor party elected several times, and they didn't live up to what was promised of them, so most of us swayed and started voting for the Australian Liberal party (which is center-right, not left). I'm not sure how it works for the voters over at America, so I'm not sure if this response has any credibility.
Yea- it's the same way here. That's why a lot of Liberals are frustrated that Obama didn't use the Democratic Majority to it's fullest while he had it- now the problems of the several years leading up to his election are hanging on him, so they voted the Democrats out and put in the Republicans.

Fiscal Conservatives blend with Social Conservatives instead of weighing in with other parties and now our nation is facing a total lack of compromise.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:28 pm
Republicans' arguments don't all revolve around the Bible. It's true a lot of them are Christian - White and protestant mostly, but democrats are also heavily Christian - Catholics typically identify as democrat rather than republican, but protestants also identify as democrat as well - although liberal.

Republicans prefer limited government. They want all the power in the people's hands.

Democrats like government to be a little bit more involved than what the Republicans would like. Examples of democratic ideas (at least in my opinion) are free health care, gay marriage, and abortion. Republicans, while aren't all entirely against any of these things, don't want the government to tell everyone that these things are now legal.

The Republican party actually emerged to fight slavery I believe. O:  

Visual Brian

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 pm
Visual Brian
Republicans' arguments don't all revolve around the Bible. It's true a lot of them are Christian - White and protestant mostly, but democrats are also heavily Christian - Catholics typically identify as democrat rather than republican, but protestants also identify as democrat as well - although liberal.

Republicans prefer limited government. They want all the power in the people's hands.

Democrats like government to be a little bit more involved than what the Republicans would like. Examples of democratic ideas (at least in my opinion) are free health care, gay marriage, and abortion. Republicans, while aren't all entirely against any of these things, don't want the government to tell everyone that these things are now legal.

thank you for having a brain =P  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:16 pm
Visual Brian

The parties did a flip- while the original ideals of the Republican party included "Free Labor, Free Land, Free Men", the ideals shifted from that to a meritocracy- which would be fine except that for meritocracies to work, there has to be a level playing field to begin with. The Original Republicans' ideals wouldn't know what to do with the Modern Republican Platform.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers