I'm going for therapy this week

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:28 am
I've been crying because it's driving me crazy having to wash my hands constantly because I always feel sticky.
I also have hair OCD and I think that I probably have Body dysmorphic disorder.

When I was a little girl I always hated being sticky.
I think it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. Even so, my hands are cracking from so much washing.

Will therapy even work? I feel like such a freak. cry

What sort of person cries because their hair is a mess? cry

I'm constantly fighting with myself. I'm never happy. I only put a fake smile on, but inside I'm hurting.

All this happening has caused me to turn into a horrible person and I can't help it.
Now I'm realizing that I need help.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:00 am
Aw, you're not a freak.
And the fact that you realize you need help and are going to therapy is a good first step. <3

You're not a horrible person either.
Good luck ♥

catsoon

Friend

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:04 am
Fouxia
Aw, you're not a freak.
And the fact that you realize you need help and are going to therapy is a good first step. <3

Good luck ♥

I'm really nervous because I've never been to therapy before.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:26 pm
Good luck!Being a stranger, I'm very proud that you're reaching out to fix something that you yourself see as a problem. You're doing so in a very respectful manner and the best of luck to you! Don't be afraid(although I'm sure you're going to be nervous anyway). You''re going to see a professional and they will do their best to help so do not be afraid : ) we're here for you too : )  

uStare

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 pm
uStare
Good luck!Being a stranger, I'm very proud that you're reaching out to fix something that you yourself see as a problem. You're doing so in a very respectful manner and the best of luck to you! Don't be afraid(although I'm sure you're going to be nervous anyway). You''re going to see a professional and they will do their best to help so do not be afraid : ) we're here for you too : )

Thank you. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:09 pm
K i m z y
Fouxia
Aw, you're not a freak.

Good luck ♥

I'm really nervous because I've never been to therapy before.

I would be too.
But, they're there to help, so there's really nothing to be nervous about.

catsoon

Friend

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 am
Don't worry, hun =]

You aren't a freak. We all have little quirks like that.

But if it's getting in the way of daily life, then yes, it's good that you're seeking professional help.

My mom and I went to a therapist for awhile because we were always, always fighting. It was a really good for us =)

She was super helpful, very nice and not judgmental at all. Hollywood tends to portray therapists as distant and cold, only there to make a buck, but that's soo not true!

There's really nothing to be nervous about. =]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:51 pm
First of all, you are not a freak. You just have a problem that needs to be dealt with but is difficult for you to solve alone. Everyone goes through that in their life.

It makes you a strong person to admit when you have a problem. Heck, I felt the same when I started therapy. But I got to the point in my life that I needed up (for metal stability reasons). Understand that everyone needs help in their life and that is what help is for.

Just remember, find a therapist that actually helps you like gives you feedback and tools for you develop and solve your problems not only listens to them.  

Canterellare

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items