Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 pm
I got some stuff that flavors rice for my birthday, but I don't know how to use it. Could someone translate it for me? I was going to take a picture and post it, but the kanji became almost unreadable. So, I spent about 30 minutes typing out the directions. It took me so long because I kept having to look up the kanji so I could type them... Anyway, the directions look like this:
1.お米3合(180ml カップx3)をとぎ|だし|を入れます.
2.白米を炊く時と同じ水加減に合わせ, よくかき混ぜます.
3.その中に |具| を入れ, かき混ぜずに, 平らにして炊きあげます. *具の中の液も一緒に入れてください.
4.炊きあがりましたら10分ほど蒸らしてください.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:21 pm
I think it's telling me to put the dashi into 3 cups of rice (though 180 ml is 3/4 of a cup, so I'm confused). Then, I think I add however much water that much rice needs, and stir it. Then, I put it in the rice maker with the rest of the ingredients and steam it for 10 minutes? Is that even right?  

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Koiyuki
Vice Captain

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:57 pm
NosferatuGirl
I think it's telling me to put the dashi into 3 cups of rice (though 180 ml is 3/4 of a cup, so I'm confused). Then, I think I add however much water that much rice needs, and stir it. Then, I put it in the rice maker with the rest of the ingredients and steam it for 10 minutes? Is that even right?

Essentially. This is what I got from it:

1.お米(こめ)[rice]3合(ごう[counter for covered containers/cases])(180ml カップx3)をとぎ|だし|を入(い)れます.
(Insert 3 packages of rice(3 180 ml cups))

2.白米(はくまい[white rice])を炊(た)く[boil/verb]時と同じ水加減(みずかげん[amount of water)に合わせ(combine), よくかき混(ま)ぜます[stir].
(When you boil the white rice w/the same amount of water, stir it well)

3.その中に |具(つま[garnish])| を入れ, かき混ぜずに, 平(たい)ら[flat/adjective]にして炊きあげます. *具の中の液(えき)[fluid]も一緒(いっしょ)に入れてください.
(Insert the garnish inside without sitrring, then make it level and boil*insert the fluid together w/ the garnish)

4.炊きあがりましたら10分ほど蒸(む)らしてください[steam cooking/verb].
(Steam for 10 minutes when it's boiling)

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:06 pm
So, I add the dashi to 2 1/4 cups rice, and then boil that in 2 1/4 cups water and stir well. Then, I add the rice to the steamer, add the garnish on top, don't stir, and steam for 10 minutes after it starts boiling? Though, I think it would make more sense if it was boiling water that I was adding to the dashi mixture....  

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Koiyuki
Vice Captain

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:25 am
NosferatuGirl
So, I add the dashi to 2 1/4 cups rice, and then boil that in 2 1/4 cups water and stir well. Then, I add the rice to the steamer, add the garnish on top, don't stir, and steam for 10 minutes after it starts boiling? Though, I think it would make more sense if it was boiling water that I was adding to the dashi mixture....

Something like that. I'm not 100% on how I translated some of the grammatical elements, but the gist is there. If someone more familiar with the structures this recipe uses comes by here, they'll surely give you better insight. Just be sure to make it when the recipe calls for it  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:16 am
Koiyuki
NosferatuGirl

Something like that. I'm not 100% on how I translated some of the grammatical elements, but the gist is there. If someone more familiar with the structures this recipe uses comes by here, they'll surely give you better insight. Just be sure to make it when the recipe calls for it

Well, I made it, and it turned out okay. I shouldn't have added the veggies, though, they tasted tinny and kind of icky. Though, the rice was pretty good. Thanks! smile  

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Japanese Student Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items