Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Cute VS Familiar - I have a dilemma!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You should...
  ******** if I even know what my options are.
  But you guys have ideas. Bright, awesome ideas.
  And I can't rule out the neighbor kids.
  Little bastards will probably kill the cats AND the doves.
  Lychee will make a great mean old lady someday.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:16 am
Well, so. I gave up on the feral kitten ever liking me. He grew up and turned into a mean little alley cat. So I turned my attention on the doves, and they're really familiar with me now. The have this bizarre food-call that they make whenever they see me, and even fly down to be fed and stuff.

And then out of the blue one of the feral cats has begun marching her kittens - KITTENS - all over my porch looking for food and a soft blanket when it's cold in the mornings. To my dismay, one of them has already begun clicking at the doves.

MY DOVES.

I don't want them to go to some pound and be gassed, but I don't want them to grow up and eat my doves. What should I do? sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:08 am
Do you have a no kill shelter in your area? That's the only thing I can think of to do for the kittens. I think they tend to socialize ferals then adopt them out. Kittens will get snatched up pretty quickly.  

Katarica

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 am
See if any of your friends wants kittens or knows someone who would like one (and who isn't a psycho cat killer)? Craigslist ad?
Or go to a shelter that has the smallest amount of animals per capacity? Kittens are more likely to get adopted than grown cats, so they certainly have a higher chance of living. A no kill shelter would be the best option for a shelter though.

I'm not sure what type of animals and the situation they have to be in to be rescue animals, but you could also check out that and see if they could be some?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm
Hmmm... I did volunteer for a no-kill shelter that focuses mostly on dogs. I wonder if they would be willing to take in the kittens, if I can catch them.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items