Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:39 am
My dog gets over excited and starts..sneezing. It's not really a sneeze, he just blows air out of his nose over and over again. How many of you have dogs that do this?
Also what are some other odd things your dogs do to show excitement.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:46 am
~~

Often, my dog Brody will not only jump up at you, demanding you rub your tummy because she hasn't seen you in a half hour or so, but she's start...HACKING. Like, to the point that she sounds like she's going to puke. o_O

~~

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:17 pm
Bandit and my best friend's dog, Joy, both will start hacking like they sound like they're going to puke when they get really excited. Joy will tackle you when you enter the house, really excited to see you, even if you were only outside for a few minutes.

Bandit will wag his tail in circles and spin in circles excitedly. He'll sometimes even wag his tail so hard and fast, his whole body wags/wiggles. XD Bandit does also sometimes snort (blow air out of his nose repeatedly, kind of like a sneeze) when he gets excited, but not every time. He seems to vary what he does when he gets excited lol.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:02 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

My dog's never started coughing or sneezing in excitement, but I remember one time she sounded like she was so excited it hurt. One time my mom went on vacation for a week, and Hollie was devastated. Wouldn't play, barely ate, and wasn't even interested in training with me like usual. The day she came home, I think the excitement and joy was so much for Hollie it actually hurt and overwhelmed her. She started whimpering and yelping like she was in pain, but at the same time she was sooo happy.

Kind of like when people cry out of joy, haha. If dogs cried like people did, I'm sure she would have.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 pm
Sounds like reverse sneezing which isn't uncommon and excitement is one of the triggers. Scent is also another common trigger.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm
My big dog Jiro will whimper and yelp with joy even if I've only been gone for a few moments. He also does this gnaw thing were he'll stick his whole mouth around my hand when I pet him when he's that excited. It doesn't hurt because he doesn't bite down at all he just wraps his mouth around my hand. My pom Gizmo will hack with excitement and jump up at you really high for a pom. And then Parker the laziest Corgi in the world will just look up, p***k his ears, pant a little, then lay back down. xD I have varying receptions with them when I come home.  

x-Madame_Chaos-x

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff