Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:22 am
Red Gypsy

Jarmore watched Ebony as she went back to her room and suspected he was going to need to check on her once Zylrias and Raersas left and looked at Zylrias whose face was reserved but understanding and spoke up “do look after her, again if there is ever anything I can do to help let me know” Jarmore nodded “of course, but don’t worry she’s in good hands, I won’t let anything happen to her or the clutch” Zylrias smiled finally and looked at him and simply nodded as he excused himself a moment to collect Raersas, and once she was collected he returned to the room to find Jarmore standing by the door and simply walked over to him and offered a hand “good luck” Jarmore shook his hand and nodded “thanks, take care you two” Raersas smiled as she stood by ZYlrias and replied “bye!” she waved at him and took off outside Zyrlias chuckled a bit and took off after her leaving Jarmore alone.

Zylrias changed immediately and helped Raersas get on his back before he took off into the air, their next stop was Sasha’s home to visit her and get some assistance with his newest apprentice’s issue.

Jarmore watched them fall off and then sighed as he looked behind him towards the hallway and turned around to head down the hall. As he walked he couldn’t help but be a little worried about Ebony, especially when he saw a few droplets of blood on the floor and knew she had probably overexerted herself, her bandages would need to be changed and her injuries tended to once more. Jarmores pace quickened as he walked down the hallway to her room and without much thought simply went in and saw her laying there. Walking over to her he sat down next to her, Jarmore placed a hand on her forearm to let her know he was there before he moved her clothes slightly so that he could get at the bandages and found that they were covered where the wounds had been and simply shook his head as he prepared new bandages and simply placed his hands on her wounds, the area’s glowing as he channeled a new set of healing spells at the areas in question before he took the bandages off.

Once he was done he took them off and put them aside a moment then started applying medicinal blends on the bandages before putting them on her and making sure they were secure before he moved on to the next set, having tended to every injury on her body he didn’t waste time doing what was needed, and paused only slightly when she cringed, and simply placed a hand on her cheek channeling magic to ease the pain so that she would be more comfortable, before he continued.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:39 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony had moved as Jarmore wanted ehr to so that he could get to her injuries. She frowned at the feeling of him trying to put healing energy into her and shook her head at him after he had the herbs and bandages back in place, "Healing won't help much... Not when the injuries come from one of the oldest dragons to exist... They heal slow..." she said softly and closed her eyes as he did relieve some of the pain she felt.

She was grateful for that. She couldn't remember a time when she didn't hurt, physically. The pain had taken her over for so long...

She gave a soft sigh as she relaxed back on the bed, barely noticing it when he pulled the sheet over her, "Thankfully, there aren't any more Primals... Lao and Nicol were the last..." she whispered softly, though she wasn't sure why.

After a moment, she opened her eyes and looked up at him as he started cleaning up from treating her wounds, "Why help me like this?" she suddenly asked him, "Why complicate your life like this?" she added, still not sure why he was doing this, why he'd volunteered himself to take on such a complicated and dangerous task...

There had already been one serious attempt on her that he knew of. There were other attempts, of course, ones that she didn't want to mention just now. Protecting her and helping her raise a clutch of younglings was a very tall order for someone to take on when he had no stake in the outcome, they weren't his young after all...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:55 am
Red Gypsy

Jarmore looked at her when she asked him her questions and stopped what he was doing to place a hand on her shoulder “well, little reason to not help, if this is the most complicated my life gets because I chose to lend aide when it was needed, I’m doing good with my life. I’ve spent enough time in my life sitting idly by when someone needed help, plus my mother who was I guess you could say a prime healer made sure that I understood what was expected of me as a healer. Though why help you with this clutch well, honestly doesn’t feel right to just standby when there is a clear threat to the survival of that clutch, if I have to watch over you to ensure they are given the best chance of survival then that is what I must do” Jarmore stopped at that point and resumed cleaning up though there was plenty left unsaid, and while he had sudden feelings towards her it didn’t feel right to impose his own feelings into the situation when there was not only Ebony but also a clutch to protect, which at this point was all he was focused on, he’d continue tending to Ebony’s wounds as well since those were just as much an issue as watching over the clutch so he had his work cut out for him but he wasn’t going to shy away from this responsibility.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:32 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony watched him for a moment after he'd spoken, her chartreuse eyes simply watching his movements in silence. Eventually, she gave a simple small nod and let it go.

In truth, she really didn't believe him. But she wasn't going to call him on it.

She watched him for another moment as he settled the sheet over her then spoke in a soft tone, "The fight I told you about... The one where Lao died... That was three years ago..." she told him softly, then watched to see what his reaction would be.

It meant that her injuries were still this bad after three years...

It meant that she'd been delaying the hatching of the eggs for three years...

It meant that she'd been dealing with everything alone for three years...

She'd pushed the stasis on the eggs as long as she could. They had to hatch now or they would never hatch at all. But she'd been trying to find a way to move past the pain for three years now... She just didn't know how...

Of course, it also meant that she'd nearly died three years ago. She'd healed quite a bit over the last three years and to realize that much was to also realize just how bad her original injuries had been. She'd been dealing with it all: the injuries, the eggs, the pain, the loss, the attacks, the loneliness... All of it, for three years... By herself...

So her questions to him, asking him why he was helping her, was justifiable. She'd kept everyone else away until he came and made the decision to help her on his own, not really giving her much choice in it. But she'd managed to keep everyone else at bay, keeping them from realizing how badly she was hurt or the secret she was protecting.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:51 pm
Red Gypsy

Jarmore listened, his face was relaxed and calm, most of all it showed he was kind. He watched her as she explained the past and her injuries and nodded as he considered the wounds she had at this point and just looked into her eyes and smiled “well just means I have my work cut out for me to make sure you are looked after” he sat down by her in a chair and continued “there’s little to worry about at this point, a healer like myself may not be able to heal your injuries with magic, but it doesn’t mean we can’t help you heal naturally, it takes longer as you are well aware of but considering what you’ve been through, you really haven’t been given the opportunity to rest and just focus on recovering, and with a clutch of eggs to worry about the last thing you need to do is strain yourself and make your wounds worse, but the injuries are looking good considering how long it has taken so far, and with a little help I’m sure they’ll get better in no time.” Jarmore was extremely optimistic and while there might have been doubt about his reason for helping it didn’t really matter all that much for him, he was more than happy to lend a hand even though others would have taken advantage of the situation.

Eventually he stood up a smile still on his face as he stepped out of the room to let her rest and went back into the main room and then over to the kitchen and started boiling some water, until that was ready he would open up a cupboard and grab a cup putting it on a tray before he looked over to grabs some herbs and when the kettle was ready he put the herbs into the water, and put that on a tray along with some medicinal herbs that would eventually be used to treat the wounds, all the while he hummed a gentle tune of nothing in particular his mind focused on the task at hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:18 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony laid in the bed for a long moment, doing her best to swallow the shaking. She assessed her body and injuries and decided that it was the injuries that were making her shake like this. She forced her body back under control with an iron will.

Then she went on the defensive, sending out her senses to make sure that the Aerie was safe. Her eyes snapped open as she picked up on something and pulled the shadows around her, disappearing from the bed.

She moved through the shadows, a silent and unseen assassin. Not even Jarmore knew she was working until she was finished and stepped out of the shadows in full Display...

She had small dark scales covering her body, sharp spines along her forearms and deadly blades attached to the ends of the five braids of her hair. She also had blood dripping from the spines of her forearms and the blades at the end of her braids. And from her hands...

She was also surrounded by bodies. These were humans, with one dragon in human form on his knees in front of her with her hand gripping his throat. The smell of blood was heavy in the front room, but she'd just proved her survival skills in ways that would likely shock even Jarmore.

She let the dragon breathe and knelt in front of him, making sure that he caught her eyes, "You just made a mistake..." she growled at him, causing his eyes to widen in shock as he understood just who, and what, they'd attacked...

The dragons were off limits for the Church to attack, even when hiring the job out. The Angels had spoken on that one long ago. But even more... Ebony was off limits because even the leaders of the Church were terrified of what she could do to them...

So, even though she was shaking again, and still injured, this one dragon in human form in front of her was absolutely terrified. To the point that the scent of his fear was almost overpowering the scent of blood...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:57 pm
Red Gypsy

Jarmore admittedly was caught unaware, he hadn’t picked up on the presence of the assailant until Ebony had already dealt with the issue and appeared, he came over his gaze was stern and full of anger as he looked at the dragon who’d clearly help the humans to reach the entrance, the scent of fear was overpowering, his mood was foul as his eyes turned a full silver look akin to his normal eyes as a silver dragon, his hand appeared almost as if it was incased in frost the air around it steaming from the change in temperature around his hand, he glanced at Ebony a moment seeing her anger was plain to see and while her injuries were much more noticeable he chose to leave that be until the current situation was resolved but he did have to step in regardless and be a peacekeeper “Ebony calm yourself, you’ll get no answers from this one if he does before he gives us that information, plus you need to sit down before you make things worse for yourself, your injuries are still sensitive to sudden changes and likely will retear if put under too much stress, and if you’ll allow me to, let me handle this” his hand just lightly brushed the shoulder of the dragon in human form causing him to cry out in pain, the temperatures around his hand exceeding that of tolerable temperatures, even for a dragon, which with prolonged exposure would cause serious damage.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:00 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony gave a deep growl and grinned when the idiot cried out in pain, "Not yet... But keep an eye on him... We don't need him offing himself before he suffers the true consequences of his actions here today," she growled out then stepped back and looked up.

"Michael!" she yelled out then looked down to watch the idiot's face.

It didn't take long.

There was a bright flash of light near the landing ledge to the aerie then Michael himself walked in, complete with all four wings on display as well as his sword at his back. He looked as arrogant as an Archangel should be as he walked in and frowned at the sight in front of him, "What's this, Ebony?" he asked simply.

Ebony had the pleasure of watching the idiot's eyes go wide in shock as the scent of his fear increased dramatically. She gave a potentially evil grin over it, "A complication for you, Michael... I thought everyone knew that these islands were off-limits to attack... By your personal order... This one led these humans here to attack me... I wonder how Sasha is doing..." she told him in a sweet tone of voice that spiked the fear scent again.

Of course, that was also a hit to Michael since he hadn't bothered to tell Sasha how Cedric had died and hadn't even seen to a messenger telling the female of his death. Needless to say, she was a little upset that Michael had neglected his daughter-in-law...

Michael narrowed his eyes at the dragon on his knees and imperiously gestured for Jarmore to step back as he drew his sword with the sound of singing metal and placed the tip under the idiot's chin, "Who gave you your orders?" he asked in a harder voice.

The idiot started shaking hard enough that he managed to give himself a small cut. But he started talking, "Orders came specifically from Cyrus Faslarrin. He said the islands here as well as the main island are supposed to be cleansed of those that no longer walk in the light. RRT is getting a major paycheck from it all too..." he babbled out the little bit he knew and made Michael narrow his eyes again over it all.

He pulled his sword back and sheathed it then pointed to a cushion, "Ebony, sit down or go lay down and let this male take care of your wounds. I'll take care of this problem. I'll even check on Sasha later," he reasoned, shaking his head when she shook hers and refused to move. So he looked at Jarmore, "Take her. I give you my word that this one will die in agony before release is given to him. But get her down," he told him firmly then tilted his head at him a moment.

There was a brief whisper in Jarmore's mind, "My son taught me a lesson... Admit to your feelings and do not ignore your own instincts..." was all he was told then Michael grabbed the idiot by the front of his uniform and pulled him to his feet easily before dragging him to the landing ledge and flying off with him.

Ebony gave another growl at the bodies and blood on the floor, curling her lip over the mess. Then she reached down and grabbed an ankle, dragging the body to the ledge before coming back for another one. She was seriously in a bad mood now....  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 am
Red Gypsy

Jarmore watched Ebony for a moment keeping in mind what Michael told him and finally stepped over to her and raised a hand as she was about to grab another body and stopped her. Getting her attention and her foul mood in the process he didn’t say anything as his finger tip lit on in a flame. He raised his other hand as he turned to address the few bodies around and the blood and simply unleashed his flames on the floor they stood on consuming everything around them. The flame was cold but consuming and it did nothing to them as it cleared away the bodies and blood.

Once he was done nothing remained of the bodies or the blood allowing Jarmore to focus on Ebony once more and simply smiled lightly as he spoke “that should do it let’s get you to your room so I can tend to your wounds” he placed a gentle touch on her shoulder as he ushered her to her room where he got her into bed where he started checking her wounds. While he worked he kept quiet her bleeding wasn’t too serious which was taken care of with cleaning and replacing the bandages with fresh medicinal herbs and a splash of healing magic to aid in the healing for what it is worth and only when things were sorted that he looked at her and spoke up “that should help but let’s not overdo it too much” he sat there and watched.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 7:04 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ebony wasn't happy that he got rid of the bodies but simply growled as he took her back to the bedroom and took care of her injuries, "I was enjoying the sound of them falling down the mountainside..." she complained with a low growl. She was particularly upset that they'd gotten all the way up to the aerie, "There's a switch in the wall by the staircase. Flip that and the staircase will be sealed up," she told him, knowing that it would leave them with only the landing ledge for access.

She wasn't sure if he'd seen the staircase or not. It was on the outer edge of the main living cavern, opposite from the landing ledge. She usually kept the dragon cushions by the staircase since the scent of dragon tended to keep most pests and animals out of the cave that way.

Once he'd seen to her injuries, she considered him a moment then gave a soft grumbling sound and motioned for him to follow her down the hall. There were actually eight doors in this hallway, all sized for dragons with smaller human-sized doors included. The first six were the rooms of her previous brood. The last two were the bathing chamber and her actual bedchamber. For now, she had the eggs in Kane's old room while she'd been sleeping in Shen's old room.

For now, she led him down the hallway to the bathing chamber and opened the door for him, showing him a room that could only have been created by an earth dragon: pure elegance carved out of the rock. Her children had helped finish it, water naturally flowing in and out, naturally heated by deep lava, decorated and lit by huge crystals, perfect air flow... All geared for both humans and dragons.

"You can use this whenever you need it. You can pick one of the rooms to use," she offered then moved to put a hand on the door opposite to the bathing room, pausing there as she felt the perfectly carved image of two dragons in flight. She wasn't sure if she could go in there yet... Three years... It didn't feel like it was long enough yet...

She finally turned and moved back to Shen's old room, curling up on the bed, not bothering with the sheet for now.

If it hadn't been for the eggs in the next room... She wouldn't be here... She still kept wondering why she was still alive... Why she kept going... She only had the eggs to live for right now...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 am
Wolfe Garm

After Zylrias returned home with Raersas and they both realized that their guest was gone, something was heard outside that had him sending her to the protected room while he went to investigate.

Outside in the sky, a couple of dragons were chasing another figure that was barely a dot compared to the larger lizards. And yes, they deserved the demeaning title. One of them gave a cry of pain as the smaller figure managed to inflict fatal damage, falling instantly. Then the second dragon was on the smaller figure, driving it towards the ground as well.

As they fell, it was obvious that a struggle was happening though it was difficult to follow clearly. In the end, both bodies hit the ground near his cave. The dragon fell with a sickening crunch further away.

The smaller body fell right next to his cave entrance. A quick check revealed a female-with four wings... She appeared to be an angel but not one usually seen. Her wings were flame colored with a few white feathers here and there. Her hair was a brown that Zylrias would find familiar, as well as her smaller stature. While she was obviously strong and capable, she was also beautiful.

But right now, she was badly injured...

She had broken bones, deep cuts, and all four of her wings had been broken. So, how was she alive after that fall? Well... Two things, really... One, she'd used the dragon's body to help cushion some of the fall... And two? She had small scales over most of her skin. Red, and rainbowed iridescent. The iridescent scales he'd seen before as well. For the scales to be covering her body, it was almost like a mating display, but one used for protection this time.

This female was very obviously related to Sasha. The process of elimination meant that she could only be one of Sasha's one and only clutch fathered by Cedric the angel/dragon hybrid she'd mated to.

Obviously she'd been attacked and had somehow managed to survive it. But would there be more coming after her to finish the job?  
Isles of Draconia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff