Cowboy at the beach (VIDEO!!!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:23 pm
Let me begin by saying my dog always surprises me with his ridiculous intelligence. Took Cowboy to the "beach" today. And we have a really crazy awesome video uploading now. I was tossing his frisbees in the lake, getting him to swim as much as possible, trying to get some winter pounds off. He's standing next to me, at the shore, feet IN the water, I throw the frisbee straight in front of him. Does he go after it, well yes, but he instantly calculates a faster route, he runs AROUND me, jumps onto a rock, jumps onto a bigger rock and launches himself as far as he can into the lake. And I don't even have it on film cause the camera was set up anticipating him to go straight but CLEARLY he needed to get to the frisbee ASAP. I was dying of laughter. He was like, "ninja dog, AWAY!"

After swimming for a while, I caved and let him catch a few on land. I figured I'd practice my double throw while I was at it. I asked him to bring back both frisbees, and don't ya know he stacks em ontop eachother picks em both up and does just that. eek now, he understands and we've been workin on it, but this was the first time he managed to stack them before losing patience and giving up. So I praised like crazy.

I don't think he could do it again on command, right away, but STILL that is one smart dog. I am DYING to get back to training with him. He starts physio on Tuesday, so I'll have a better idea of how long that will be then.

STAY TUNED FOR AWESOME VIDEO!  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 pm
Riddle liked to do that to, when I'd still throw toys in the water for her. She'd go to whatever spot on the bank was closest and just hurl herself off after the toy.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:23 pm
Savage Destiny
Riddle liked to do that to, when I'd still throw toys in the water for her. She'd go to whatever spot on the bank was closest and just hurl herself off after the toy.

lol, it kind of scared me too, the jumping from rock to rock. I thought he'd still and fall. He's clutsy like that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 pm
Due to TECHNICAL difficulties and me being an idiot. The video will be uploaded later tonight...since I have to start over from scratch stressed  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 pm
OMG VIDEO!  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:28 pm
zero comments? I am so not loved :'(  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items