Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Mocho is STILL being barbered

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:36 pm
Now the bald patch at the base of his neck is the size of a quarter. They have in there: A chew log, an empty oatmeal container, a box with a hole cut in it, a really tick cardboard box with grass and dandylions in it, and some stuffed animals. What else can I possibly add?!

For those who don't know:
I have 3 rabbits: Mocho (male), Latte (female), and Decaf (female). Latte barbers Mocho all the time, so he has bald patches EVERYWHERE. We're trying to keep her entertained.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:00 pm
JEEZ. I don't know! I mean, those are all the ideas I'd suggest. Do you think it's stress?  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 am
It sounds like a ocd that has formed into a pretty strong habit. Is there a way you can split the cage or get him situated in a spare cage for a bit? Close enough they can still smell and see each other but she can't groom him. It will give him a little time to heal up and it might help break her from the habit since she will have to find another behavior to occupy herself in the meantime.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:25 pm
Krissim Klaw
It sounds like a ocd that has formed into a pretty strong habit. Is there a way you can split the cage or get him situated in a spare cage for a bit? Close enough they can still smell and see each other but she can't groom him. It will give him a little time to heal up and it might help break her from the habit since she will have to find another behavior to occupy herself in the meantime.

Would it be better to just remove the dominant doe? I mean, she has a cage mate, and I know for a fact that it is NOT Decaf doing it, as she has a few chew marks on her while Latte has none.  

Azusanga

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff