Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
WIP, please tell me what you think

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

heres a poll
  for you
View Results

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 pm
HEY GUYS LONG TIME NO SEE! whats up?

this is a piece of avatar art I've been working on for awhile for someone in AF, I just was wondering what others thought of it. Totally new style than what I usually do, but I really like how the fabric looks. hair kinda sucks, and skin looks odd.. but those are my own criticisms on it.. please give me feedback smile

User Image

edit;
this is the kind of art that I usually do..  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:37 am
Niiice, big step up from your usual looking stuff.

I realise it's probably not finished and going to change, but I love the look of the robe with the black on grey. It looks so silky smooth, I want to touch it.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:39 am
It's really awesome! I might comission you! xd  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 am
de.Lici.ous
Niiice, big step up from your usual looking stuff.

I realise it's probably not finished and going to change, but I love the look of the robe with the black on grey. It looks so silky smooth, I want to touch it.

Thanks!  

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

ChocolateTomato

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 am
Kosai Avonej
It's really awesome! I might comission you! xd

Let me get better first.. then sure!  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:47 pm
I think there's definitely some improvement.

The legs look a little funny. I think the thighs might need to be a little bit thicker especially the back of the thigh near the knee on her right leg.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:23 pm
I like it better then the kind of usual stuff you listed. The hair could use another tone or two to bring it out some so it doesn't look so basic compared to everything else.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 pm
Looks nifty! I bet it'll look superb when it's finished.

I agree with Pain about the thighs. The wispy painterly tones work fantastic for thin flowing things like those clothes, but body parts are more filled out and need more solid toning to really give it that 3 dimensional feel. You may wish to rethink how the light is hitting the legs as well. I feel like the lighting of the clothes is generally a bit above but more behind the viewer's head, and as such I don't think her right calf muscle would be shadowed quite as much because of it.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces