Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am
I mean I know it was coming >< She was about 3. I got her by accident. I bought her one day to feed my snake. He didn't eat her, so we kept her. She was just old enough to start eating solid food. My snake was still tiny back then.
I got 3 more rats. My intention at the moment was to breed them, for food purposes. I was wrongly informed and thought I had gotten a male when in fact it was a female, Ivory. So I had to get a male.
When we first got them we were a little uncertain about rats but someone said we could put them on news paper shreds. Which is why this pic looks really lame...
User Image
Raphael is the grey one, with Kao and Ivory. When I saw this pic I realized all 3 of my original rats are dead.
User Image
Then she grew up. I didn't take a lot of pictures of her. She started getting to be a fat rat the older she got.
A few days ago I picked out a rat. We weren't able to get a male and female separated quick enough and we had an accidental pregnancy. I picked out one of the females, because I knew Raphael was going to die soon and my other female was going to be left alone. And isn't it funny, she dies just a few days later. Not funny haha, of course...
Raphael was really, really healthy though. Acted just like any normal rat and then suddenly, poof.
Long story ahead:
But the story is mildly interesting, about this new rat...It has the genes of all of my past rats. Meaning, it is very mildly inbred, but with rats, that doesn't seem to be much of a problem...
For a while, we were still breeding for food.
My rat Kao bred with Raphael. Raphael had a son, two generations later, that we ended up keeping.
We kept trying to breed Ivory, but she wouldn't get pregnant. The problem is though, that Kao had become infertile. He wouldn't get any females pregnant. Ivory escaped one night and got into Raphael's son's cage. She became pregnant, and gave birth to a son.
They were separated for a while, and at one point I thought both of them were in menopause so they ended up getting put together for a while. Well, they weren't..Ivory had one final litter. It is the younger female I now have, along with one other male.
The female I now have is actually the daughter of the mother's...brother.
The brother is the son of one of Raphael's boys. Raphael's boy was the son of Kao.
The current female is now white, with red eyes, and has the pattern of a hooded rat, like Kao, except it's lightish tan.

R.I.P Raphael

Better description of genetics maybe...
Kao+Raphael=R.Kelly, the son. Ivory+R.Kelly=male typical albino whitey son who carries Kao, Raphael, and Ivory's genes. Son+Ivory=daughter who carries Kao, Raphael, and Ivory's genes. Daughter+brother= 'albino' hooded daughter, which has Kao, Raphael, and Ivory's genes, except the genetic traits show up more in this one, rather than all the other plain white ones.
Kao's traits show up, which had been carried over by Raphael's son.
And with visual aids, with the types of rat colors...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

+

=

+

=

+

=

+

=
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm
awww, sorry about your rattie. Least she had a good long life and wasn't food. That story was very confusing lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
awww, sorry about your rattie. Least she had a good long life and wasn't food. That story was very confusing lol

I tried to re-explain it at the top so maybe that'll be better?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games