Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Accomplishment, rabbits cage question, White trash rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:46 pm
Soooo I'm basically really proud of myself. I can finally walk Kayda on a relaxed leash on her collar. This sounds like nothing to most of you, but considering the 4+ months I put into it, it's finally completed. Basically my dad dropped her off at my moms house without her Halti, and I had to walk her. I'm thinking to myself “Okay this is really gonna suck. Broken trach, here we come”. But once I got her on the walk and gave her her familiar commands to slow down, speed up, and stop, she walked just like she did on a Halti. No pulling, no stopping suddenly, not even paying attention to dogs in yards nearby. Since she was never trained to 'walk pretty' before, I'd call this a HUGE accomplishment. Like, MAJOR. Considering how old she is, I'm very very proud of myself. But I'll keep using the Halti cause I like the total control. That and she's mostly blind so I wanna be able to control her head if something happens.

I have 3 rabbits in one cage. They're all mostly litter trained, except that they like to knock their litter tray over. How can I anchor it in a way that it won't be a total pain in the a** to pick up and remove when I have to clean their cage?
I'm also super excited cause when I next get $100, I'll get both of the girls spayed. I found a shelter in Green Bay that spays for $40 each, and neuters for (legitimately, I asked them) $25. 25 friggin' dollars. My jaw seriously DROPPED when I read the e-mail and they told me that. Considering the $150 I put into Mocho's neutering....Yeah I was floored. But they're all sweeties.

The neighbors across the street at my moms have lost any respect I have for them. They have 3 dogs- 2 Brittany's, and a Great Dane. All three of the dogs are intact. That wouldn't bother me so much except that the b***h is VERY roundly pregnant, and she got so hugely pregnant very quickly, leading me to believe she either has a huge litter by the Brittany or the Dane is the sire. Both of the Brittany's are the same age, so they're probably litter mates :/ Stupid white trash, making the world more populated and disgusting one ignoramus at a time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Great to see you Azu! I got your message like 20 mins after you sent it, sorry I missed you!

Isn't that always what happens? Buy something (or pay for a service, rather) then find someone who does it for waaay cheaper. At least you'll be able to get the girls done without breaking the bank.

'Grats on Kayda, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

And as for the neighbors, think there's anything you can do? Preach the values of speuter?

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:35 pm