Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Don't you just hate it...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archestra Peiyrui

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:03 am
...when the person you're seriously crushing on is straight and has no intentions or considerations of turning gay?

Or how about liking someone and not being able to tell them? What if you already told them, and thus far that person still has showed no interest in you (okay, just them knowing isn't enough for them to start liking you out-of-the-blue, but it does let them know that you yourself already show interest).

At first I thought I was safe from all this because I am a very picky person in who I show or even just have an interest in. So far in my life, I've only had maybe 2 true crushes, 2 simple interests, and 1 actual relationship (in which I found out I totally didn't like him after that). Still, now all of this is just starting to hit home, and even though I'm extremely skilled in showing absolutely no interest in someone (I can literally be in physical contact or worship distance and I would show absolutely no signs of embarrassment or awkwardness), it's now becoming increasingly tiresome.

Does anyone have any insight or input on this? I really do think I'm just rambling on because I never used to be "into" relationships, and ever since I had one (which failed quickly), I've just become lonely for some sort of emotional passion with someone. It's been...I think...over two years since I've had some sort of joy with another person (there was one, but he was a paranoid jerk), and I'm slowly starting to go into a slump. As for physical, damn, I'm MORE than perfectly fine with a good hug. I don't even need "bed time". >///> I think I've said enough.

By the way, if I gave you a penny for your thoughts and you gave me your two cents, I'd be making a profit ;D

EDIT:
I think I'm just going to erase all this text and replace it with a picture of bunnies soon. I can't believe I even typed all this out in the first place. I don't like to tell other people about my life too much because then I get worried.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 am
no shame in sharing.

i know what you mean, the whole crushing on straight people, i do it all the time. you hold on to that little bit of hope that if you like them enough, that the feeling should be mutual (at least i'm thinking so). forgive me if i assume. the thing i do to get over it is to form a friendship with them if you aren't friends with them, or try to spend time with them. worse case scenario, they don't like you the same way, but that doesn't mean a friendship should suffer. and if it does, would you really want to be with that person if they let it suffer? and, who knows, if you are as picky as you say you are, you might find out something about them that is a total turn off and you'd be glad you avoided diving into a relationship with them, however possible it is

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Archestra Peiyrui

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 am
This one person I like, he knew I was gay, but didn't want to be anywhere near me because of it. Later on, we became friends only because he thought that, despite me being gay, I didn't have any affection for him (because that's why he was afraid in the first place).

I don't want to be like: You only like being my friend now because you think I don't have a crush on you. But you're totally wrong, haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 am
I know exactly how that feels and, yes, I DO hate it. I told one person last year that I was in love with, not just had a crush one, a girl in our class. The next week everybody including her knew about it. It made her very uncomfortable because it basically went from "She's in love with you" to "She'd love to be in you", and she enver talked to me again after that day. So yes it sucks and hurts, i have cried about it before...

Oh don't take it down! There are a ton of people in this guild who feel the same way and might love a chance to talk about it.  

Denkou Soshiatae

Archestra Peiyrui

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 am
What I also really don't like is when there is someone who has the smallest sign that they may be or may be turning towards homosexuality, but then something comes up and you find out that person isn't like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:10 pm
maaaann.....i crush on straight guys allllll the time! i absolutely think they are hot! it's a real shame that they have no interest and that they are spears  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

LillLazaru5

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:24 pm
I had that happen to me once. I never told the girl I had a crush on that I loved her, but I found out she was straight from another friend. She apparently had a boyfriend. A couple days later, she moved back to Korea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 pm
Archestra Peiyrui

This is so my situation I'm concerned you stole my identity...
Like, there is NOTHING you have written that doesn't apply to me.
Ugh, so I have no advice, but welcome to the boat.  

Kelai_Caberin

bollier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:33 pm
I know how you feel as well. The only person I know who is gay is one of my bosses, and our personalities clash too much to even consider friendship. I have crushes on some people I work with, but I they are either straight or I cannot find out whether or not they are gay. I'm just to much of a coward to come out and say "I'm gay, and I have a crush on you. Let's go out." I've looked at dating sites, and there are some people I'd consider dating, but I'm still in the closet to my family, and I don't want them to somehow see that. When I do come out to them (which is coming soon I think, I've come REALLY close once but chickened out) I plan on trying that. Maybe you should consider that if you haven't already.
There are a lot of people out there online. Unfortunately, what I've discovered is that with love (especially when your gay), luck plays a very major part. All I can say is good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am
Hate is a very strong word. And spread love, not hate

It sucks what you're going through but you should also see it from their perspective. It's a bit obnoxious to say "don't you hate it when the person you're crushing on is straight and has no intentions of turning gay?" That's sort of denying them their right to be themself (identifying as heterosexual) which is like denying you the rigth to be gay, and saying you should be switching to be straight.
However, if he does find out you do have a crush on him, and he is weired out by the fact that you have a crush on him, then it may be his own insecurities that he will have to deal with. If you're just being a friend and he feels weirded out by that, then it's really his problem

Gordums

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff