Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
My right leg is a warzone...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blah?
  Blah
View Results

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:04 am
I have no less than 5 blaring bruises on this leg since I've moved to Vancouver almost a week ago. I also have a bandage on my knee because I stupidly haven't gotten used to the new desk my hubbie made and keep banging said knee into the stupidly sharp corner of the drawer when I turn to get up. I'm usually not this clumsy crying

Apparently moving is... unhealthy for me neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 am
Well, if your husband made the desk, is there any way you could ask him to round those corners out? I couldn't sleep there, were I you; I've an irrational fear of protruding corners.

Nexus Carbuncle

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:36 pm
As much as I'd love to, he uh... didn't really "make" it. It's just one of those cheapo desks you buy dissassembled and then assemble it yourself. Given our previous experience with these types of furniture, I don't trust the thing not to crack up in the wrong places if I try to sand it down. The material's too unreliable for me to try to mess with. I might try putting some kind of putty on it later though if I keep forgetting e_e'  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:21 pm
Dude i am always covered in bruises...most people assume from derby but i dont get a lot of bruises from that (due to protective pads and whatnot) i have no idea where 90% of them come from xD  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:11 am
Attach some sort of padding to it, like bubble wrap mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm
Duck tape it to at least make it not as sharp? That s**t hurts.

will randomly get bruises that seemingly come from nowhere.

Otherwise, I apparently like to burn myself while cooking a lot, stabbing my fingers while sewing, and hit my hips on counters.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 am
I've realized I'm remarkably awesome at avoiding burns after working 6 months in a bakery and only minorly burning my arm on a hot tray once... was on my last day at the job too xD I guess fate wanted to catch up with me that day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm
I actually got a new desk because I had the same exact problem. I always managed to hit that one spot on the knee that reeeeeaaaaaallllyyy hurts. DX

Although, I'm sure you guys think of me as lithe and graceful (LOL), but the truth is, I regularly bang into walls and furniture, fall up stairs, and knock or drop everything onto the floor (or my toes). Sometimes M's afraid people will think he beats me up. XDD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items