A possible new addition....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Vet Tech - 2011

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm
There is a possible new addition...

It's not my ideal situation to bring a puppy into the house hold that was not of a planned litter but .... *sigh* even I have a week point.

As the story goes, a fellow I know had a female rottie that was not yet spayed. There was an appointment (delayed because of a heat cycle) and an idiot girlfriend brought an unaltered male Labrador into the scene annnd ... I'm sure you get the picture. The fellow I know was furious about the lack of intelligence. However, I am applauding him because I know he is not a well off individual (so aborting and spaying is likely not an option) and is trying to do things right - I've been asked a million questions so far regarding pregnancy and puppies. As far as I know the rottie will be in for a spay as soon as the time is right. I've also been asked to help find good homes, so they don't end up mistreated or at the shelter, I think I was asked because he knows how picky I am on what's "a good home" so I have a soft spot because of how he's trying to do things right for the situation.

I was also offered a puppy. The only condition I help out with providing food if possible.

I'm on the fence post about the idea. It's a big responsibility to bring a second dog into the home, especially one that's going to be pretty big and eat me out of house and home (lab x rottie? I'm going to be broke!) but I get discounted veterinary care which makes vaccines, altering and diet a lot less expensive (who would believe I can order my holistic food through the clinic?)

I'm trying to decide what I would name it .... a male (has to be male) rottie x lab puppy??

Name suggestions??  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 pm
At least he's willing to do the right thing for the puppies, and is willing to make sure they go to good forever homes. biggrin Hopefully he will get her spayed when she's able to be spayed, which it sounds like he will. biggrin

As for the name, maybe Bruno or Brutus. biggrin

I'll definitely want to see pics! biggrin I hope all goes well. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am
Ha, there may be a rottie puppy in my future as well. My training mentor has 2 rotties, she shows and competes with them. Her female just went through her first heat cycle and she was doing really well keeping the 2 apart from each other. Then her male broke out of his crate and into her crate. We think Tova, the girl, was out of her standing heat, but may still have been receptive. Mentor is on puppy watch since the MisMate shot is no longer available for dogs and the new abortion drug is only authorized for use by 2 vets in the country on a trial basis, something Mentor is not going to use even if one of the 2 is in our area.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games