Reply Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]
I want to move out, but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Broken Winged Calamity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 pm
My parents won't let me even though I have a place to stay and my job is closest to it. I'm gonna be 19 in four months and graduating in 3 days. What should I do? neutral They believe it's best I stay, but this is my life and therefore since I'm an adult by law, I should make my own decisions and live with my own mistakes. But once again, they're keeping me in this house.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:13 pm
If you are a legal adult, you have the right to make your own choices. Tell youe parents how important it is that you get a place of your own, that you can't be their little kid forever. If that doesn't work, then just leave anyway. With you as a legal adult they can't stop you.  

blackrosedarkness

Moonlight Star

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 pm
^ what she said. you've been a legal adult for almost a full year now, and they have no say in what you can and cant do. they have a decent amount of influence because they're your parents, but they have no say.

if you have a place to live and a job to support you, an the place is closer to the job, then pack your stuff after graduation and move out, go live in your new place, and do what all the other graduates out there do after graduation: set out on your own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm
I'm just trying to keep this as calm as I can, but they obvisiouly aren't. It just sucks, cause I am tired of being a lil' kid. Everybody starts somewhere new after graduation, but they just won't let me grow up. I'm talking to them about this tomorrow again, and I really don't wanna bring the police in. D;  

Broken Winged Calamity

Broken Winged Calamity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 pm
I'm just trying to keep this as calm as I can, but they obvisiouly aren't. It just sucks, cause I am tired of being a lil' kid. Everybody starts somewhere new after graduation, but they just won't let me grow up. I'm talking to them about this tomorrow again, and I really don't wanna bring the police in. D;  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 pm
Or just sneak out of the house one day...

User Image

Arkadiusz Caelum
Crew

Militant Gekko

Broken Winged Calamity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm
@Arkadiusz Caelum:
You make it sound so easy. If it's been proven that it works though, I'll do it. 8D Just as long as my mum doesn't know the number for the police.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:37 pm
Broken Winged Calamity

well if you have to bring the police in, bring them in. maybe THEY can get it through your parents heads that your a legal adult now and can do what you want.
do they usually go to sleep early? if so, you can start packing your stuff at night, and once you have it all boxed up, move out after they go to sleep. they wont be awake to stop you and you can avoid confrontation.
(i know a freind who had to do this, her parents went to sleeop really early every night, so she had plenty of time to hit the road with her freind and go to the 2bedroom house they had rented together.)

just leave them a note on the kitchen table or your bed or somewhere they can find it, and explain to them that you are going to your new place, and that you're an adult and are living where you want and dealing with the responsibility like your supposed to.  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items