Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
It's about time...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:49 pm
...A holistic pet food company started advertising on TV. Granted, Blue Buffalo isn't one of the best holistic foods out there, but hopefully it will open up a lot of pet owner's eyes to what is actually in their pets' foods and get them to start doing research and stop feeding their pets the cheaper brands that they can get anywhere, and start feeding them the holistic lines. This might also get the other pet food companies to stop using the grains and by-products to regain customers/keep customers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm
Yeah, I've noticed those commercials.
Blue Buffalo isn't the best brand out there, but is a whole lot better than Purina or Hills. I think of it like a 'gateway food'- hopefully pet owners, after switching their animals to BB and noticing the difference, will be convinced of the difference an adequate diet makes and will want to further their efforts into better brands or maybe even raw!  

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:05 pm
I don't get cable or satellite so I have no idea about any commercials going on. >:

But I just now switched to BB Wilderness off Bil*Jac in the hopes that it will help Lucy cut off a bit of this fat she gained. >:c
When I can afford to, we'll do even better than BB, but for now, I can join the other staff in talking about the good things for the brand to customers who have no idea what food to get but have the money to spend on the good foods. xD

Ain't the best, of course, but it's still a much better choice than Hills and all them. xP  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:12 pm
We've had them being aired for the past year-ish, I think, and I think it's great that they're advertising and trying to spread awareness. I truly wish more quality brands would advertise, though, and have yet to understand why they don't.

I also sometimes wish that quality brands would make their product available in grocery stores (I get why they don't on account of association and promotion of places that are more knowledgeable about pet nutrition), simply because it would get them out there, and people as a standard are lazy creatures - they don't want to have to make an extra stop or go into another department just for dog food.

~ Aki - Fairy ~

imderanged

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:26 pm
I try and stay on top of this stuff, but I thought blue was good stuff? Why all of a sudden are people saying "it isn't the best?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 pm
imderanged
I try and stay on top of this stuff, but I thought blue was good stuff? Why all of a sudden are people saying "it isn't the best?"

Blue is corn-free, which is awesome, but the Buffalo line has grain, which as a standard is slightly frowned upon (in a natural world, dogs and cats would consume very little to no grain); the Wilderness line is grain-free but isn't mentioned in the ads.  

~ Aki - Fairy ~

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:50 am
In the area where I live, they have only recently begun advertising on TV (though they may have been advertising longer, and I simply either haven't watched the channels that had advertised them or haven't been paying enough attention to notice sooner... sweatdrop . ) I have seen their advertisements in magazines, but not everyone reads magazines and wouldn't see those ads. I looked at their food a long time ago before learning as much as I know now, and had sticker shock. I feed my dog Wellness Core, and my cat Wellness Core dry with water added in the morning and Wellness canned at night. My parents' cats are on Wellness Core dry with water added as well. They can't afford to put their dogs on Wellness Core yet or they would, but it sounds like they will when they can afford it. The food their dogs are on now is an OK kind, though it still has grains, it at least is corn and by-product free.

I do wish the other holistic brands would advertise, and particularly advertise their grain-free food, as that is the healthier food to go with. This would open the people's eyes further to the better options that are out there, and open their eyes to the false advertising of the other foods about their food being healthier. I have noticed that I think it was Purina has came out with a line that is corn and by-product free, but still contains grains. I was like O.O OMG when I saw that one. It's probably a matter of time before all the brands come out with corn and by-product free lines. Hopefully even grainless, and hopefully other people will start getting healthier foods for their dogs and cats.

I also wish the holistic brands would advertise their cat food. The only food Blue Buffalo seems to be advertising is their dog food.

I do like the way Blue Buffalo is advertising, making it obvious that corn and by-products are not healthy ingredients, and stating that we should read the ingredients list of the foods. Blue Buffalo should mention that grains in general are not healthy. I also noticed Blue Buffalo food also includes added salt, if I remember right when I looked at their ingredients list when initially choosing which of the holistic brands that Petco had to get Bandit on before choosing Wellness for both Bandit and Charcoal.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:59 am
~ Aki - Fairy ~
imderanged

Blue is corn-free, which is awesome, but the Buffalo line has grain, which as a standard is slightly frowned upon (in a natural world, dogs and cats would consume very little to no grain); the Wilderness line is grain-free but isn't mentioned in the ads.

Blue also uses human-grade ingredients, which is also awesome. biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

~ Aki - Fairy ~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
I also wish the holistic brands would advertise their cat food. The only food Blue Buffalo seems to be advertising is their dog food.

They do advertise cat as well as dog (again, at least here); the commercials are virtually the same, just that dogs (animal and word) were replaced by cats.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:20 pm
~ Aki - Fairy ~
CrissAngelLover12345

They do advertise cat as well as dog (again, at least here); the commercials are virtually the same, just that dogs (animal and word) were replaced by cats.

Oh, I've never seen them, so I didn't know.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff