Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Games and Hobbies
Console, Handheld, or PC?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite style of game?
  Shooter
  Roleplay/Adventure
  Strategy - Real time/Turn based
  Puzzle
  Rhythm (Guitar Hero, DDR, ect)
  Party (Smash Bros., Mario Kart, ect)
View Results

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 am
So, fellow guildies, what platform of gaming is your favorite? What are your favorite game types and why? What games are your favorites in each style? Talk about your love for the game here!

I drift toward older consoles and PC games. My favorites are older roleplaying or adventure types though I excel at strategy games as well, once I adjust to them. I don't play many handheld games and I don't own any of the newer consoles so I can't really experiment with them. My favorite roleplaying games are Legend of Dragoon and Star Ocean: The Second Story. Those two ate hours of my childhood and proved to have an enduring storyline and a good amount of replay ability (I beat Star Ocean a few months ago after nearly ten years of owning the game). My favorite strategy games are for the PC - StarCraft and Alpha Centauri. StarCraft is a real-time strategy game and recently had its successor, StarCraft II, come to the shelves (and there's a second part to that coming soon) and thus fervor for it has been resurrected. Alpha Centauri is an old turn-based strategy game that was an offshoot of the Civilization series. It is set on a planet orbiting our closest neighboring star system and shows humanity progressing to new levels of technology and warfare on an alien world.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 am
I mostly prefer to game via a console, I'm not one for PC games too much these days.

For consoles, I like the 360 best, the PS3, to me, seems like it's trying too hard for graphics. But that's just me.
As far as games goes, I prefer shooting games (sometimes an adventure one here and there). Right now I'm still in the works of Splinter Cell: Conviction. The one game I'm looking forward to it release date is Dead Island 3nodding  

FauxZombie

Inyeri the Frozen

Beloved Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 am
I'm a PC gamer. I play Guild Wars, WoW (Sometimes), Portal 2, and team fortress 2 (I love this one XD) But yea, I prefer PC games because I can just bring it anywhere with me. I've played Portal 2 on the bus when going from college to home on breaks and I've played games in the airport when waiting for a flight, etc. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:55 am
Inyeri the Frozen
I'm a PC gamer. I play Guild Wars, WoW (Sometimes), Portal 2, and team fortress 2 (I love this one XD) But yea, I prefer PC games because I can just bring it anywhere with me. I've played Portal 2 on the bus when going from college to home on breaks and I've played games in the airport when waiting for a flight, etc. 3nodding
I have a dormant WoW account laying around but I've never played the others. Heck, I never even played the first Portal game, so my knowledge of PC gaming is clearly limited.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Inyeri the Frozen

Beloved Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:12 am
Le Scratch
Inyeri the Frozen
I have a dormant WoW account laying around but I've never played the others. Heck, I never even played the first Portal game, so my knowledge of PC gaming is clearly limited.

Portal is probably one of the most fun games I've ever played X3 You should download the demo or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:41 pm
FauxZombie
I mostly prefer to game via a console, I'm not one for PC games too much these days.

For consoles, I like the 360 best, the PS3, to me, seems like it's trying too hard for graphics. But that's just me.
As far as games goes, I prefer shooting games (sometimes an adventure one here and there). Right now I'm still in the works of Splinter Cell: Conviction. The one game I'm looking forward to it release date is Dead Island 3nodding

Hm, I have to disagree with you. I prefer the PS3 compared to the 360. I think the games for the 360 try to hard for graphics. Personal opinion. My brother hogs the 360 most of the time. I can only really use it when friends are over. Then we play on the kinnect. The PS3 is easier to use in my opinion and the graphics aren't as plastic-like(what my mom says) as the 360.

I prefer adventure games. Right now I'm playing Mini Ninjas just because its cute. Final Fantasy games are always my favorite though.  

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:06 pm
ALonelyFallenStar
FauxZombie

Hm, I have to disagree with you. I prefer the PS3 compared to the 360. I think the games for the 360 try to hard for graphics. Personal opinion. My brother hogs the 360 most of the time. I can only really use it when friends are over. Then we play on the kinnect. The PS3 is easier to use in my opinion and the graphics aren't as plastic-like(what my mom says) as the 360.

I prefer adventure games. Right now I'm playing Mini Ninjas just because its cute. Final Fantasy games are always my favorite though.
To each their own I suppose.
The other flaw to the PS3, that I know I experience, is the hand cramps from the controller. Plus I like the analog positions on the 360 controllers, I feel like I can keep my thumbs relaxed instead of stressed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm
FauxZombie
ALonelyFallenStar
FauxZombie

To each their own I suppose.
The other flaw to the PS3, that I know I experience, is the hand cramps from the controller. Plus I like the analog positions on the 360 controllers, I feel like I can keep my thumbs relaxed instead of stressed.

I suppose thats true. The PS3 controller is kinda uncomfortable, but I'm not a 24/7 gamer so it doesn't really affect me so much as it does my brothers. Have a hand cramp from the ps3 as i type this actually. heh  

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:18 pm
ALonelyFallenStar

I suppose thats true. The PS3 controller is kinda uncomfortable, but I'm not a 24/7 gamer so it doesn't really affect me so much as it does my brothers. Have a hand cramp from the ps3 as i type this actually. heh
Haha, I feel like this is a "win" moment.
And I don't game 24/7, I do for maybe 6 hours max if not 1 hour. Depends on the game and if I'm actually in the mood.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:49 pm
I've been gaming for so long I don't get any issues with my hands ... of course, that may not really be a good thing, either. Beyond the actual consoles I also send a great deal of time on my computer, typing away on silly things like this. :D  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:14 pm
FauxZombie
ALonelyFallenStar

Haha, I feel like this is a "win" moment.
And I don't game 24/7, I do for maybe 6 hours max if not 1 hour. Depends on the game and if I'm actually in the mood.

*fails* I suck
I play no more than 2 hours. I'm more of an active person. I'd rather go running in the heat.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 pm
I do enjoy console gaming, but I love playing on handhelds more. Only reason is because I can take my handhelds wherever I want with me (as long as they're charged).
I currently only have a DSi. Don't own too many games for it, but most of them are rpgs (Pokemon HeartGold, Black, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2). I like them a lot, but I am currently stuck in some area on the third game.  

biblegirl666

Professional Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100

Asexual Anomaly

Generous Millionaire

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:27 pm
PC Gaming is superior in every way; I prefer playing games such as Fallout 3 or the Sims on the PC.

I do own a console, however, and it's entertaining nevertheless. I prefer the Sony Playstation 3 over the Xbox anyday.

When it comes to handheld systems, I own a DS in order to play Mario Kart or Pokemon and that is it. I love it just as much as I love the PS3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 pm
I'm a console gamer. Have all the current consoles plus a ton of consoles dating back to Atari 2600.

I usually do multiplayer on XBox, single player on PlayStation, and Nintendo exclusives on Wii.

I do have a few games for PC i.e. The Sims 4 and RPG Maker VX Ace.  

IrishCub5

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 am
the older i get the more i use my pc.

i do use my 360 for dragon age and the playstation and wiiU get plenty of love for games that i dont have or cant get on my pc, but overall if i cant have the tv on while i play i usually cant stay interested for that long

as for handheld systems, i have whatever i can get my hands on. i just wish more games would come out for the vita and 3ds  
Games and Hobbies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games