Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Chatterbox
Tar Sands Zombie Walkkkk (added one moaaar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

im so sticky
  hottttt
View Results

Gordums

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:59 pm
Here are some pictures from this Tar Sands Zombie Walk/Protest I did yesterday. We marched downtown along one of our busier streets that was closed down for the Car Free festival.

If you would like to discuss the tar sands, or would like more information, I would be happy to discuss with you or point you some resources exclaim

The Tar Sands are the excavation of oil from soils. The Alberta Tar Sands are even more devastating than normal oil extractions from soils because of the even more toxic waste produced. This waste has been put into tailing ponds which leak into rivers and wildlife, killing all sorts of wild life and people.
Due to the toxicity escaping into rivers, many First Nations communities downstream are suffering massive health consequences, including a dramatic decrease in male births, rare cancers become a lot more common, and many diseases that have been considered controlled but are now pandemic for these areas. Furthermore, this waste is now being exported all over the world for other communities to deal with it.

Diss izzz meeee hi @ u (freeballin it in front of starbucks)
User Image

B&W meow
User Image

Kota, Toban, and Cortney leading our cyclist as we march
User Image

Leading the front naked under an oil can
User Image

We're all getting interviewed by reporters (mine got cut out b/c i ate him)
User Image

Groovin
User Image

Cortney and Kota jammin
User Image

More pictures available starting here

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 pm
Sorry to say, but thems be some pretty shitty looking zombies. At the one In Madison Wisconsin people actually put effort into it rather than slathering a little bit of grease on their chests...  

Don Caballero

Gordums

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm
Hmm I suppose these pictures aren't very zombie-esque, but we had fun with it and created discussion with our community along the way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:26 pm
Gordums
Hmm I suppose these pictures aren't very zombie-esque, but we had fun with it and created discussion with our community along the way

no matter what the pictures are like, its nice to know humanity hasn't lost all it's literal care for the planet instead of just wanting a planet to live on and thinking we are more important than anything else living here.unfourtunatly it will probably take some sort of drastic problem related to this before anyone who has any power in this world to actually do something about it but it's still nice to see people band together and try, it's enough to keep me believing were not all hopeless.  

blackroze_dragon

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items