Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Let's talk pets.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What sort of pets do you have?
  Cats
  Dogs
  Birds
  Rodents (mice, rabbits, hamsters, and so forth)
  Reptiles
  Fish
  Arthropods (spiders, crabs, and such)
  Others (post what they are?)
View Results

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am
Pets - the animal companions that add another facet of friendship and responsibility to our lives. Sometimes they calm us and sometimes they make us question why we have them at all. Regardless of circumstance, pets are a major part of life for their owners and caretakers, and to many they are an extension of family where there is nobody else.

What sort of pets do you have? What sort of pets have you always wanted, but were beyond your reach for whatever reason? Are they merely friends to you, or are they closer than that? What animals are your favorite as pets?

I've grown up with cats in the house. From the time I was born to present day there have always been felines beside me. Whether they bit, clawed, or otherwise maimed me, they were always my friends and part of the family. We currently have four cats residing here, and they are my favorite animal companion. Sure, I've wanted other animals - rabbits, ferrets, and mice at one point or another - but cats will always hold a place with me, whether they're mine or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm
I has a guinea piggy! Her name is Momiji. She's amazing but can be a bit noisy at nighttime. I love her though. Even if she's a rodent, you can train her.
I had a cat but unfortunatly she died. A evil dog ate her and then tried to kill me..exaggerated but it was evil. And chased me...My cat was so sweet. She was hyper...kinda retarded..and knew when you felt bad.
I had a dog but it was just too hyper for my family so we gave it away. She ate my fish but that fish was stupid so i didn't care too much.
I've always wanted a rabbit though...or another cat. I love cats. And bunnies are awesome! Same with Chinchillas. But we don't have time to take care of another animal at the moment. Heh.
http://fav.me/d3j68ar A picure of my guinea piggy!

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm
I own two cats (one almost a year old, another 12-13 years; Toby and Crystal). My parents own four dogs, all different breeds and ages.

I would love to have a sugar-glider smile they're really cute.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:26 pm
I don't have any pets, unless my brother and step-niece count X3 I've had cats and dogs before, but my mom's allergic to pretty much any living thing :/ I'd like a pet though.  

charged6claw

Friendly Streaker

7,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Gordums

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm
I have a teddy bear
he's enough trouble as it is but i love him to death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm
i realy really really want a border collie.

Maybe when I play off my student loans... sweatdrop  

godoftherain

Rainbow-Otter

Rainbow Consumer

4,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:45 pm
How many pets do you have?
I have 6 pets 8 in clue ding the ones were babysitting this summer.
And what are they like dog cat rodent?
I have dogs a cat and guineapigs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm
I have a dog right now. His name is Harley.
He's a poodle and I named him after the motorcycle.
I used to have cats growing up and I've had a few hamsters.
I had a goldfish too but that didn't last long.  

caleighxo

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Invisibility 100

AquaRose33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:53 pm
a cat he will be 2 in August.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:32 pm
i had a chocolate lab named Kona. i had him since i was 6 and he lived to be 16. i left for a year and before the time he looked pretty bad health wise. i came back and he seemed better and like he was going to last long, and he did until last October. he couldn't eat because he kept throwing up even if he didn't eat anything. he was horribly dehydrated because it lasted for 2 days. i told my mom we needed to take him in because i couldn't watch him be in that much pain...we brought him in and he seemed in a way, relieved. i figured we needed to because i just looked in his face and saw him tell me.
we laid him down on his dog bed that we brought from home. hold his head on my lap just softly petting him, the nurse gave him a painkiller shot once we walked in.
she hoked up an IV and brought back the syringe , all i could really do was treat Kona like it was a treat of some sort.
he drifted in my lap and went lip.

i never thought it would be like it was. i literally felt a half of me missing.
sad
but anyway ive been debating if i should get another dog now. i love dogs so much but i just don't know how i feel about getting another dog again after having him since i was 6 ( lost at age 18 ). so that's my story sweatdrop

Z_Temple

6,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:34 pm
Since I was little I grew up with at least one cat. When I was born my parents had a cat and a big Rottweiler. Cats are by far the most pleasant animals but can be pretty nerve wrecking. The fat my parents had, Oscar was so sweet. If I cried he'd sit beside me and lick my hands and such. But when I was six, he had died, and of course you're six, so my parents lied and said be was walking around the house and hiding. I didn't believe a word they said, he was diabetic and had tongue cancer and was in bed, couldn't move a muscle. Except the last night, I remember feeling he was going to die, and I fought with my mother about staying with him. But it was traumatizing for a six year old she felt. Then on a sweet tooth I was asking for ice cream and she said no, I would get diabetes and said that's how Oscar died in one of her outbursts, I was so pisses with her and broke into tears and ignored her and my father for a week for lying to me. I mean, regardless, how many years will you keep the lie for? He was seventeen, of course he will die, be honest. I then got my newest cat right after Oscars death news came out. He is Tomtom, now he is 8 years old and just so cute and cuddley, yet meows pretty loud when he wants me to bringhim upstairs to cuddle, he's too lazy to walk. We had just recently lost him for thirty minutes, and we call him a thirty minute hobo. He hurts himself slightly, ended up on the neighbours doorstep. I also had my dog, I LOVE Rottweilers. Those prissy little bark dogs annoy me. I love the roughness of a big dog as well. She was my first and last dog. She died when I was 7 and she was 13, of a seizure, it might've been a brain tumour. Fast forward seven years, last year my parents found a Siamese outside and took him in, we got him checked, no one owned him, no microchipping, we kept him. He is now a year and A half. Just today I was up in my parents room, and they have a bay window, this is the second floor, anyways, the window is open and we have a special screen to block out things from coming in and going out. It's metal, so you have to be pretty tough to move it, he moved it, and the part where the window is attached he got stuck in, thank goodness, he would have fallen to the ground outside from the second floor. I had a heart attack seeing him like that and quickly took him and blocked off any cats from coming into their room. I was putting laundry away and just dropped everything to the floor. I have to redo the laundry now. I can't believe someone would throw out a Siamese though. His bleu eyes are beautiful. He also licks my face when I cry, he also flirts with me in his cat way. Pretty obnoxious too. Ahahah. His name is Laurel or Kitkat. I then got my first girl cat, Magella, she's crabby, she is independent though, can be sweet and licks you when you cry, she will be a year next month. Then we got another one, we think she's Sokoke, we named her Sally or Lucille, and she will be a year soon too. She loves my sister to death. Can't stand not seeing my sister, she clings to her. Hahah.
Cats for me are family. I never really had one of those loving families. My parents are okay. My uncles and grandmothers weren't really there. I don't have any grandparents anymore. My uncles are all after money and stuff, and their psycho. And my fathers side is far away in Asia. Cats make me feel better. I also have guinea pigs, but their boring, I love my cats and would love dogs.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games