Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Suggies!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:06 pm
Bet y'all can guess what I wanna learn more about smile So, unload the info and load the love, cause this girls gonna get some Suggies when she's ready.

I've already got a cage figured out, if no one will buy my sister's college dorm loft, then my mom's letting me convert it into a cage. I'm thinking a layer of garden fencing like this with a layer or two of chicken wire over it to keep them from escaping, but giving them a surface that would be easy enough to scale.

Soooo tell me about Suggies. What do they need, eat, and general info, such as social habits and necessary accesories (such as wheels, perches, and hammocks). Love you guys smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:05 pm
Ok Kip, this one is all yours lol. I am ashamed to admit I remember VERY lil about suggies.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm
SO. MUCH. INFO. TO. GIVE. heart

And I don't have time for ALL of it right now. But to get started, before you start building your cage, I want to warn you that galvanized wire MAY OR MAY NOT be harmful to gliders. Either because the urine tends to react with the zinc and start it deteriorating (and becoming a way to harbor bacteria that can cause UTIs which are fairly common) or the zinc itself is harmful to gliders as it is to birds. This is mostly only a concern if your suggies are chewers. Some are, some aren't. My girls NEVER chewed anything inappropriate, ********* sometimes thought he was a rodent (which, btw, has nothing to do with why he died.) Some just are, some aren't. I am not saying you CAN'T use that to build your cage, especially if it is high quality and made electrically instead of just dipping, just know that there may be a risk. It is being debated.

Not that PVC coated = safe. Right now there is a MASSIVE recall of sugar glider cages that were made with just the wrong recipe or something that are PVC coated. They are causing the gliders to have brain damage, seizures, are die in droves. IT IS AWFUL. One o the companies selling them (no surprise here, as they are THE DEVIL) is Perfect Pocket Pets. Vets are seeing this happen like crazy and are basically telling people to chop up the cages and throw them away so that no animal will accidentally be put in them again. I am really not trying to scare the living daylights out of you, just telling you what hell the glider world has been going through the last month or so.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games