Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Cat food stuff renamed, Raw question and stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 pm
YESSSSS. My sister still has her dorm fridge, so I don't have to scour CL for fridges that aren't like, $40. People are soooo outta their price range razz

So. My next question. About how much should my 5-6 lb cat eat per day? She's at her ideal weight, I can feel her ribs and her skin is loose, no excess fat. Where would be the cheapest and most ideal places to either order or buy them? I'm looking at feeder mice, chicks, and small rabbits and quail, right? I know she has the potential to eat a lot, but she runs around almost all day so it helps keep the weight off of her little body. Sooo help me out, CCR and Skek and everyone else! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm
Raw would probably bulk her up a lil bit. It'd be great. Not necessary to have critters. Just cut some nice slices up from your dinner from time to time before cooking it.

My mother use to be the same. I just told her she could return the cans, give em away or I'd throw em in the trash cause I got sick of it.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Skeksis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:43 pm
Azusanga
YESSSSS. My sister still has her dorm fridge, so I don't have to scour CL for fridges that aren't like, $40. People are soooo outta their price range razz
Quote:

Awesome! biggrin

Quote:

So. My next question. About how much should my 5-6 lb cat eat per day? She's at her ideal weight, I can feel her ribs and her skin is loose, no excess fat.

I would start out by letting her eat as much as she likes in two feedings per day [morning and night] and take it from there. If she starts to put on excess weight in the form of fat you can reduce the portions. She may gain a bit of muscle weight, which is normal.

Quote:

Where would be the cheapest and most ideal places to either order or buy them? I'm looking at feeder mice, chicks, and small rabbits and quail, right? I know she has the potential to eat a lot, but she runs around almost all day so it helps keep the weight off of her little body. Sooo help me out, CCR and Skek and everyone else! <3

Ideally, yes. Whole prey is the healthiest option, with adult critters being better than young ones. Don't forget supermarket goodies such as chicken wings and frames; they are great also. There are a fair few whole prey suppliers online; RodentPro is popular.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am
Skeksis
Azusanga

Awesome! biggrin

Very awesome. I've almost got her convinced to lemme have it, too.

Quote:
Quote:

So. My next question. About how much should my 5-6 lb cat eat per day? She's at her ideal weight, I can feel her ribs and her skin is loose, no excess fat.

I would start out by letting her eat as much as she likes in two feedings per day [morning and night] and take it from there. If she starts to put on excess weight in the form of fat you can reduce the portions. She may gain a bit of muscle weight, which is normal.

Sounds awesome. She doesn't eat a lot (thankfully), and I know she'll be an amazing critter once she's on the raw. Her teeth need it, and her fur was beatiful on the Natural Balance, I can't wait to see it once she's on raw.

Quote:
Quote:

Where would be the cheapest and most ideal places to either order or buy them? I'm looking at feeder mice, chicks, and small rabbits and quail, right? I know she has the potential to eat a lot, but she runs around almost all day so it helps keep the weight off of her little body. Sooo help me out, CCR and Skek and everyone else! <3

Ideally, yes. Whole prey is the healthiest option, with adult critters being better than young ones. Don't forget supermarket goodies such as chicken wings and frames; they are great also. There are a fair few whole prey suppliers online; RodentPro is popular.

I was looking at RodentPro and they seem to have pretty good prices and a lot of loyal customers. I'll definetly be scouring the market, don't worry. I remember I gave Kayda a pair of turkey necks for dinner one night. I have never seen such a happy dog xD Despite the fact that I have to hold it in my hand while she eats, she chomps that down like no one's business.  

Azusanga

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces