Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I'm so into animal testing, it's not funny UPDATE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

imderanged

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:15 am
In response to the argument that "medicine is not found through animal testing (and that medicine is bad)" I suggest looking up the history of Insulin treatment. Insulin is also a good example of how the biological system are similar enough to make animal testing viable. Pet dogs and cat are often prescribed the same insulins a diabetic human uses. Which brings up another important point about animal testing. It is not just human beings who benefit. Veterinary medicine has also been advanced by animal testing, and many treatments developed with human being in mind are also being used to save animals lives.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:29 pm
imderanged
In response to the argument that "medicine is not found through animal testing (and that medicine is bad)" I suggest looking up the history of Insulin treatment. Insulin is also a good example of how the biological system are similar enough to make animal testing viable. Pet dogs and cat are often prescribed the same insulins a diabetic human uses. Which brings up another important point about animal testing. It is not just human beings who benefit. Veterinary medicine has also been advanced by animal testing, and many treatments developed with human being in mind are also being used to save animals lives.

[♫=♥]

That's sweet! I'll definitely find some info on Insulin.

Jiti

Tiny Animal

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas