Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
So Lockett is gone.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 am
About 2 days ago my mum took my cat Lockett back to the RSPCA. In the first week we had him, he kept peeing in mums room, so he got locked out of there. Mentioned it to the vet at a check up, the vet said he was fine...
about just under 2 months later he pees on mums shirt in a clothes basket. I told her he probably got confused and though it was another litter box. She was angry and chucked him outside. He almost killed the chickens, so she bought him in and locket him in the bathroom with his two litter boxes until she figured out what to do. I went to my friends for the day. Anyway, got a call later, she said he had pooed in the bathroom sink, and then while she was cleaning it he peed in the basket again of just washed clothes from that morning, both probably stress related after that morning. She told me she was taking him back. I just feel so heart broken. The house feels empty without him running around, being absolutly insane.

That morning was strange though. Usually I would ignore him in the morning, or chase him around. And he didn't usually like cuddles. But he was resting on the couch, and I went over, hugged him, nudged my face against his and told him I loved him. He didn't run off or squirm away this time, instead he just stayed there and purred. Guess it was our goodbye. I know I only had him for less then 2 months, but I loved him.

I feel like it's partly my fault. I should have tried harder to stop mum from taking him back. Anyway just thought I should tell the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 am
Aww... He probably wasn't very well litterbox trained, and not all cats litterbox train themselves... He might have also not liked the litter you/your mom was getting for him... Sorry to hear that... sad *hugs*  

CrissAngelLover12345

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 am

Sorry to hear about it =/ I would say to wait on any more pets until you can live on your own, your parents don't really seem like animal people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm
Yes, unless it's an animal that I pay for myself and won't have any behavioural problems that aren't easy managed for my parents (like guinea pigs, fish etc.) I won't be getting anymore animals. I mean, in a few years maybe another dog, since they will not get rid of the dogs ever because of me. I'd be discussing it with them alot before I went out and adopt one.

But for now, I'm just going to focus on my dogs and my guinea pigs, and the chickens.  

DeeSpark

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am
awe Im sorry that totally sucks sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:35 pm
I am so sorry. When I was little we had kittens... plural. We would get a kitten, then when it became a cat my dad would send it back to the shelter. When I was really little it was all about immediate gratification.... I wanted a kitten, and he said we could have one, and the fact that he would give it away in the future was too far away for me to think about. But as I got older I realized how awful it was, and kept begging my family NOT to get kittens. But they would justify it saying "well, they were probably going to be put to sleep anyway, at least this way they get a good life for awhile." None of them seemed to understand that adult cats have almost NO chance in the pound, while at least a kitten has a shot. So by taking those kittens we deprived them of their chance at a forever home.

They finally don't do it anymore, now that we kids are grown, but my dad still has that disposable mentality about animals. He is always trying to get me to "trade in" my sugar gliders for a dog. Would I like a dog? Sure. But not at the expense of an animal I already love and am committed to. Yeah, me and my dad don't get along.

I am so sorry about Lockett. I pray that he beats the odds and gets a home.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:32 pm
Kipluck
I am so sorry. When I was little we had kittens... plural. We would get a kitten, then when it became a cat my dad would send it back to the shelter. When I was really little it was all about immediate gratification.... I wanted a kitten, and he said we could have one, and the fact that he would give it away in the future was too far away for me to think about. But as I got older I realized how awful it was, and kept begging my family NOT to get kittens. But they would justify it saying "well, they were probably going to be put to sleep anyway, at least this way they get a good life for awhile." None of them seemed to understand that adult cats have almost NO chance in the pound, while at least a kitten has a shot. So by taking those kittens we deprived them of their chance at a forever home.

They finally don't do it anymore, now that we kids are grown, but my dad still has that disposable mentality about animals. He is always trying to get me to "trade in" my sugar gliders for a dog. Would I like a dog? Sure. But not at the expense of an animal I already love and am committed to. Yeah, me and my dad don't get along.

I am so sorry about Lockett. I pray that he beats the odds and gets a home.

If only your parents knew about fostering! They could have done the same thing only it would have helped instead.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games