Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
No straight pride: Then why gay pride?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 am
http://youtu.be/osDckj0Dd3k

Many people don't understand the need for Pride both in typical society, and even within the GLBT community. The above video pretty much sums up my stance on the situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 am

I WAS ALL SET TO POST THAT VIDEO! *rages*

That video perfectly sums up why I think that something like a gay pride parade is more effective than a straight pride parade.

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 am
Mystic Requiem

That video perfectly sums up why I think that something like a gay pride parade is more effective than a straight pride parade.

Sorry, guess I was quicker on the draw *blows gun barrel* razz

No I agree. It perturbs me to no end when people are like "Why do gay people feel the need to have a gay pride; there's not a straight pride!". Like, seriously? The day straight people become second class citizens is the day that I will march my happy a** in a straight pride parade.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 am
Nettles Hart
Mystic Requiem

No I agree. It perturbs me to no end when people are like "Why do gay people feel the need to have a gay pride; there's not a straight pride!". Like, seriously? The day straight people become second class citizens is the day that I will march my happy a** in a straight pride parade.

gonk

It because they want what other people have. I'd say it goes back to "You have this and we want something similar!"

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am
Mystic Requiem
Nettles Hart
Mystic Requiem

gonk

It because they want what other people have. I'd say it goes back to "You have this and we want something similar!"

Sad to see that society hasn't lost its childish views on the world. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:55 am
Nettles Hart
Mystic Requiem
Nettles Hart
Mystic Requiem

gonk

Sad to see that society hasn't lost its childish views on the world. blaugh

Those are a view that will always be nurtured by humanity, even if they don't know it.

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Robbie-fyed

Beloved Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 am
Mystic Requiem
Those are a view that will always be nurtured by humanity, even if they don't know it.

Like with the whole arms race. "They have a bigger weapon, WE need a BIGGER weapon!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 am
Nettles Hart
Mystic Requiem

Like with the whole arms race. "They have a bigger weapon, WE need a BIGGER weapon!"

Like I said, society nurtures that ideology.

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Politics and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items