Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Bandit and Charcoal went to the vet today.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:31 pm
They are in really good health, and the vet is also really happy that they are on Wellness Core, and the fact that the dry food Charcoal receives in the morning feeding gets water added, and the fact that they now are on a feeding schedule. She even has agreed that free-feeding is unhealthy. Now I even have a vet's opinion to back my info up if my dad brings up the "issue" again (as he randomly does). Bandit has lost about 3 pounds since I last weighed him. biggrin He has a growth on his muzzle that I had her look at. It can get removed and will be removed on July 11th. She said it could either be a cyst or a tumor. I hope it's just a cyst. If it's a tumor, they'll send it into the lab to be analyzed.

Charcoal was not happy at all and hissed at the vet while she was trying to give her the shots. She gets car sick and ended up puking on the way home, so I'm about to give her a bath.

Bandit was well behaved and allowed the vet to do everything she needed to do without issue. He didn't want to go to the back to get weighed and his blood drawn for the heartworm/lyme test (which came back negative biggrin ), but once they got him to the door to the back, he went without issue. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:02 pm

That's very good news!

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:39 pm
Yep! I got excited about the news! Poor Charcoal had a very long day... First I trimmed her claws, then she went to the vet, got blood drawn and some vaccines, then she puked, getting it all over herself and then got a bath. She fell asleep while I was drying her off. smile

Once I know what the growth on Bandit's muzzle is, I'll let everyone know.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Aww poor Charcoal. Hopefully she understands that it's all to keep her healthy.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 pm
I hope so too. She was pretty much mad at me the rest of the evening yesterday, and still was acting mad at me this morning lol. She is finally back to allowing me to pet her and snuggle with her again. ^_^

Bandit has pretty much already forgotten about the whole thing it appears lol. Though he never seemed mad at me at all. He seems to like going and meeting any dogs that happen to be in the waiting room (though the one that was yesterday apparantly did not want any new friends) and smelling all the different scents. biggrin I know he won't want to go to the back with the vets on the 11th when he goes in to get the growth removed (Probably just like he did the last two times he went there for surgery, he'll probably try to refuse to go back there, knowing I won't be there too). Hopefully he'll understand that once again, that's for his own good. biggrin  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games