Submit

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe one day I'll just let the neighbor's cat have at the little bunnies.. but not today. My boyfriend and I saved this one last night (after I heard it screaming). I figure since it was bitten by the cat it'll die, but I can't help myself. But I figured I'd share the cuteness with you all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm
Do you plan on putting it back in the nest or raising it yourself? If you choose to raise it yourself, the chances are grim of it surviving. Baby rabbits are notoriously hard to raise, even by experienced wildlife rehabbers.

But, it's nice you rescued it from that cat. I hope he makes it!  

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:29 pm
Only discovered just a little bit ago that it wasn't old enough to have left the nest. We're assuming this since the neighbor's cat got another today (but we didn't managed to catch her to get it)... I figured something like that since it wasn't eating or drinking.

But I have no clue where the nest is, so I can't really do that. Tomorrow we're going to go buy kitten milk and try to nurse it. I gave it a little water by syringe earlier, which it accepted readily.

I need to look up about how much to give it, but I did read earlier to get kitten milk and not puppy milk, and to make sure not to overfeed due to bloat.

Oh. And we think it's a girl. We don't see anything hanging around downstairs, so that's what we're guessing. I dunno, I can tell with kittens as soon as they're born, but I have no clue about bunnies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 am
Just got back from petsmart. Mixed together a tiny bottle of the kitten formula and now she has a nice full belly. She might make it.

After doing research we're guessing she's around 2 weeks old, so still definitely needs milk still. Blah, silly me. I should've looked into all this better when we first found her.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 am
Yeah, and of course she died yesterday. 4:24pm CDT.

I took a shower, came back to check on her and she wasn't hiding under the towel, but instead sitting on top of it. I took her out and she started rolling (which was super weird). After about 25 minutes of that random rolling and having seizures, she took one really big breath and... then she was still.

I don't feel as terrible as I did last year when that one died, since I was expecting her to die, but it still hurts. But now my boyfriend is all "well.. maybe we can go get our own rabbit, one that's legal to keep" and one we won't have to worry about weaning..

I enjoyed the 36 hours or so I had with her. She was adorable and actually quite snuggly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:40 am
Aww, sorry to hear that. You tried. sad

As for gendering a rabbit, it's not that easy to tell. For rabbits, it's harder to tell just by looking at them. Especially in younger rabbits.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff