Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Bandit's surgery *Update*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:13 am
As some of you may remember, he went to the vet's this morning to get a growth removed. The surgery went well and I'll be able to go pick him up in a couple hours. biggrin I haven't been informed on what it was yet, though. I'll probably know after I get him on if it was a cyst or a tumor. If it was a tumor, then obviously, it'll be going to the lab for analysis to determine exactly what it was.

Bandit came home yesterday afternoon. He was not happy to have his cone put back on his head, but he was happy to see me when I picked him up. I asked what the growth was, and the person at the desk said that the vet didn't really say, but didn't think it needed to be sent into the lab for analysis, or I would have been asked after it got removed. We had to stop by Petco on the way home so I could pick up some canned food for Charcoal and I took him in with me. He had gotten so much attention because of having the cone on his head, he didn't know what to do with himself, though he was groggy from the anesthetic, he was still enjoying all the attention. biggrin He slept most of the afternoon (though that doesn't surprise me). He probably can't wait to be able to get the cone taken off. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:53 pm
Poor Bandit, hope he's feeling better. Cowboy DESPISES the cone and give me the tortured look when he has to wear it. Which, was, well a few hours when he got neutered years ago, but we decided to leave it off cause he wasn't bothing it at all. And 3 whole days when he cut his leg open.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Good to hear he's getting well. Great job taking care of him mrgreen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:38 am
It was looking better... Yesterday, while I was either at work or at the movies with a couple of friends watching the new Harry Potter movie in 3D (which was awesome!), they decided it was time to take the cone off of him. scream They didn't bother ask my permission, probably because they knew I would say no. I got mad when I noticed he had the cone removed. I asked what he was doing without the cone on, and my mom said it looked good and they kept an eye on him. I inspected it and saw that he has scratched it open, breaking the stitches, and now he looks like he has a hole in his cheek... I got really pisssed off. scream I'm going to call the vet tomorrow during my lunch break (they are closed today), and if they determine that he needs it to be re-closed, they are paying for it. I can't afford it, and they are the ones who took it upon themselves to determine when it is ok to remove the cone without asking me first. I understand they feel sorry for him having to wear the cone and having worn it for over a month now (he also wore it before the surgery because he kept scratching at the growth) and want him to be able to live a normal life without the cone. I do too, but I also knew this would happen if the cone would be removed. Also, unlike Jonny (who is blind, you can tell he's terrified/more timid when he is wearing the cone, runs into things worse with the cone on, and doesn't adapt too well to wearing it), he is not blind, is used to wearing a cone (this is not his first surgery, and I know he has a tendency of not leaving wounds alone, when he had gotten neutered, he had attempted to lick/chew the surgical spot with the cone still on, same with when he got what was left of his back dewclaw removed after it got pulled out by something, (He had attempted to chew on them pretty much up until they were fully healed in both cases) so he wore the cone through the entire healing process for both of those surgeries as a result, and I knew this one wouldn't be any different), and he has adapted quite well to it. I WAS pleased with how well it looked... If they take the cone off his head again, I'm gonna be severely pissed off. scream

Before this happened, I had observed him trying to stick his foot in the cone to scratch it many times throughout the week, but the cone is too big to allow him to do that. He had only had the surgery 5 1/2 days prior to this, and I knew he wouldn't leave it alone if he had the cone off his head just from what I observed with the cone on. I could tell they had also not monitored him as closely as she claimed they had given what I saw. I am definitely not happy. They seem surprised that I'm pissed off. gonk

I'll let you all know what the vet has decided tomorrow after I get home from work...

Edit: I looked at it after getting home from work today and it looks better. It has scabbed over nicely, and doesn't look like it was opened up as much as it did yesterday. He probably won't need to go to the vet. biggrin I talked to my mom and she says she had forgotten that he had only had the surgery this past Monday. She has agreed that when it comes to this sort of thing, leave it up to me to determine when it is ok to remove the cone.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff