Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:40 am
Akari_32

The Tetra Brand pre-set heaters are great (unless you want to fight ich without meds, then they suck LOL). They are cheap too. I got the 2-15 for about $12 and the 10-30 for about $19. Tetra has a great warentee, so if it doesnt work, you can send it back to them and they'll send you a new one. This last for two years, I think.

=OOOOOO I didn't know you could send them back if they don't work, do you need your receipt and the packaging? I have some heaters that definitely are not keeping my water warm enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:53 am
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

The Tetra Brand pre-set heaters are great (unless you want to fight ich without meds, then they suck LOL). They are cheap too. I got the 2-15 for about $12 and the 10-30 for about $19. Tetra has a great warentee, so if it doesnt work, you can send it back to them and they'll send you a new one. This last for two years, I think.

=OOOOOO I didn't know you could send them back if they don't work, do you need your receipt and the packaging? I have some heaters that definitely are not keeping my water warm enough.

As far as I can tell, yes. I always keep the receipts and boxes anyway. It says something about it in the little packet that comes in the box.  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

As far as I can tell, yes. I always keep the receipts and boxes anyway. It says something about it in the little packet that comes in the box.

Okay, I'll have to check their website out then.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:03 am
UPDATE TIME

Okay bad news first, people were lined up as early as 10 pm last night at the petstore... There had to be well over 500 people when we showed up about a half hour before opening. Needless to say I didn't get out to wait in the sweltering Florida sun to try my luck. Seriously you would have thought they were giving away free ipads not $20 worth of stuff. I mean it was just a 10 gallon tank no accessories and some dog/cat sample treats and stuff. I mean sure it would be nice to have but not that nice. lol

Good news, I already have a near mint condition 10 gallon tank that I had pulled out of the barn the other day. I think I used it all of maybe two weeks before it got shelved. Currently I filled it and it is sitting outside for a bit to check to make sure the seals are still good, though I'm not sure why they would be bad. It doesn't even have any scratches... nor anything that needs cleaning... I also had found my top and pump, though I am not sure I want to use the pump. I wasn't too impressed with it last time and I think I rather try a different brand.

I am a bit sad though the store was so packed. I was potentially going to do some shopping there with the sales, but no way with as crowded as it was. Thankfully the sales run through the month but if I want to get the stuff I need to get my tank running I will have to wait a few days till the madness dies down...  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:34 am
Krissim Klaw
UPDATE TIME

Okay bad news first, people were lined up as early as 10 pm last night at the petstore... There had to be well over 500 people when we showed up about a half hour before opening. Needless to say I didn't get out to wait in the sweltering Florida sun to try my luck. Seriously you would have thought they were giving away free ipads not $20 worth of stuff. I mean it was just a 10 gallon tank no accessories and some dog/cat sample treats and stuff. I mean sure it would be nice to have but not that nice. lol

Good news, I already have a near mint condition 10 gallon tank that I had pulled out of the barn the other day. I think I used it all of maybe two weeks before it got shelved. Currently I filled it and it is sitting outside for a bit to check to make sure the seals are still good, though I'm not sure why they would be bad. It doesn't even have any scratches... nor anything that needs cleaning... I also had found my top and pump, though I am not sure I want to use the pump. I wasn't too impressed with it last time and I think I rather try a different brand.

I am a bit sad though the store was so packed. I was potentially going to do some shopping there with the sales, but no way with as crowded as it was. Thankfully the sales run through the month but if I want to get the stuff I need to get my tank running I will have to wait a few days till the madness dies down...

Well that's a pretty awesome find anyway. Sorry you didn't get to go to the store!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:36 am
I still can't believe people went that crazy over what they were giving away. I have so many tanks, but figured well it never hurts to pick up another one. Not with that wait though. x___X  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas