Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I've got to help somehow.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mii jigoku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:38 pm
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't figure out where to put it.

I look through websites like Six Billion Secrets and FML almost every day. It kills me inside that these people are feeling this way and have no one to talk to. Even at my school, everyone comes to me and tells me secrets. I have no idea why, but I guess they know I can be trusted.

I'm not a therapist, a psychiatrist or anything of the sorts. But I am someone who cares. I want to help people, let them know that I'll be their friend. When something happens, they know they can talk to me. Even if it's about something small, like finding a dollar on the ground. I'll be there for them.

So let me cut to the chase. I want to make an email account. Just for them. I'll toss it around the internet. Let people know that I'm there if they need to talk. But I'm not sure if I should go through with it. I wan't to know if this is a good idea and that I should go ahead with it.

-Jigoku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 pm
I think that's a great idea smile  

finfageek

mii jigoku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:55 pm
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:57 pm
I think you should. Also, I think it's sweet you care that much.  

garlic junior

mii jigoku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 pm
Thank you. I guess I care because I've been at that point in my life. It was the most horrible feeling ever. I want people to know that things will get better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:10 pm
ah yes. people seem to tell me secrets all the time. kinda random cuz some of them it's like, we havnt even talked long enough for me to remember your name rofl but i think the email is a great idea. you know as long as you're careful and all that. internet ca be dangerous blah blah blah blah.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mii jigoku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:13 pm
Oh yeah. I've had my share of internet scares. I'm willing to take extra precautions in doing what I hope to do. I know that there are some bad people out there and that I need to keep my information private.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 pm
I think it's a great idea, and you should definitely do it.

What you need to focus on right now is yourself, though. You need to remember that it's not about you, it's about them. I know that you think like that already, but you need to have it imprinted in your mind.

This because you will probably face trolls, jokers and other lame people of that kind, and you need to be able and keep your cool, so you won't hurt anyone more than they've already been hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that it's a great idea, and you're probably the best person to do it, because you do it in your spare time, free willed.

I'm sorry if it seems like I think you won't make it, because I really do think that you will, I just wanted you to know my thoughts about it.

Cheers~  

ankarhagen

InvertedCr0sses

5,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm
I agree, that's a great idea. It would be a good way for them to get advice or simply have someone to talk to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:50 pm
Turn it into a non-profit organization.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm
mii jigoku
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't figure out where to put it.

I look through websites like Six Billion Secrets and FML almost every day. It kills me inside that these people are feeling this way and have no one to talk to. Even at my school, everyone comes to me and tells me secrets. I have no idea why, but I guess they know I can be trusted.

I'm not a therapist, a psychiatrist or anything of the sorts. But I am someone who cares. I want to help people, let them know that I'll be their friend. When something happens, they know they can talk to me. Even if it's about something small, like finding a dollar on the ground. I'll be there for them.

So let me cut to the chase. I want to make an email account. Just for them. I'll toss it around the internet. Let people know that I'm there if they need to talk. But I'm not sure if I should go through with it. I wan't to know if this is a good idea and that I should go ahead with it.

-Jigoku

This is a good idea, let ur heart bloom:}  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 am
I love that idea. I think it is great that you want to help people out there who simply need someone to talk to ^_^ Sometimes the best thing for a person is to talk out their feelings and have one listen to them. I think you should go with it~

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff