Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm
User Image

So I found some Sponge Bob decorations at Walmart and now I'm in the process of making a Bikini Bottom Replica in my 10 Gal.
I'm even buying a snail for Gary. XD
The 10 Gal is my Betta tank, I think I'm also going to put some platties and I think I'm going to try Balloon Belly Mollies.

I'm also getting a bird from a friend and I think I bought like half of the toys in Walmart for him.
I'm going to experiment with what he likes, the toys he hates I'll just save for the future.

And I also got a ton of toys for my mini poodle mix.
Same with my cats.

And I got more supplements for my beardie.

I'm moving into my house this weekend and I will finally have all of my animals under one roof.
I cant freaking wait.
No more free feeding, and lack of training.
Oh and no more crappy kibble food brands either.

I also have a few questions which will be in the second post. :]

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm
User Image

Questions ~

The bird I am getting is a cockatiel Thing is, is that he isn't tame.
How can I tame him without stressing him out too much?

My friend is also giving me a cat and he is declawed and neutered, I am against that (declawing) but I took him because he needed a home.
Will him being declawed cause behavioral problems?

I also have a kitten, he was just born a few weeks ago and he will be coming home soon. How can I introduce him to the other cat and dog? (the dog is a min poodle mix and she is very good with other animals) I'm just worried because he is just a baby.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:00 pm

I would go without the molly, they usually like bigger tanks.

Open the birds cage and offer him treats. Don't try to take him out at first, just let him get used to you. When he starts taking treats or food from your hands, then you can slowly start teaching him to sit on your finger. Move your finger over to him and gently press it in his breast. Most birds will automatically hop on. The first few times you do this, keep him in the cage. When you hops onto your finger without any hassle, it's time to start taking him out to play with you. 'Tiels are pretty easy to train so it shouldn't take long.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:09 pm
The declawed cat probably wont have any behavior issues. I have one *was my mom's cat* and she is just fine. She is the same as she was before she was declawed. And with the baby kitten do intros slow and gradual.  

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items