Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
She's keeping the kitten. But we're moving!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:22 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Remember the kitten that my boyfriend's sister was "fostering"?

Yeah, she totally never intended on fostering her, she just said that so her mom would let her keep the kitten. lol I'm actually pretty disappointed. Not that she isn't cute and sweet, but his sister is never home at all. When we leave, there's going to be nothing and no one for this kitten to play with. To date, I have had zero help with food, litter, and catbox maintenance. I wonder how much they're willing to do once we leave.

Somewhere inside, I feel like we're going to be acquiring this cat in the future (if we're even able to). Mainly because getting this kitten was obviously an impulse decision, and my boyfriend and I have pretty much been doing everything. It wasn't even our decision, but we've been doing the catboxes, feeding, training, and most of the entertaining. Is she still going to want a kitten when she has to do all of that herself? Or when the cat grows up and is no longer small and adorable?

But anyways, I guess her official name is Squiddles. Not fond of it, still prefer Pumpkin, but she's not my cat. I guess it kind of fits, though. Whenever you hold her and she wants down, she farts and it's so awful you have to let her go. xd It's like a squid spraying ink to get away. She's getting BIG, though. Her cute little pointy-ended kitten tail is starting to become long and round, and her legs are becoming long and lanky. She's definitely going to be a goooorgeous lady when she grows up.

We have a hard deadline of the end of August for moving into my boyfriend's grandmother's mini-apartment upstairs. I guess it's still subject to change, but it sounds pretty official. It's a pretty small place, but we'll have it all to ourselves. <3

She almost refused my rats. It's because my boyfriend's mom used to have one when she lived there, but she never had a cage and apparently didn't do much cleaning up after it. My boyfriend managed to convince her to let me keep them because I wash the cage and change the bedding weekly, and I never let them run around unsupervised. As long as they don't smell, they don't chew, and she doesn't have to see them, she said it's okay.

Also, I might have a job soon. I had an interview that went pretty well, but we'll see. I feel like I'm getting closer with my job hunt anyways, which will be a nice close to this six month chapter of avid job hunting. I've done everything I can do (including a thank-you letter) so all that's left is to wait. If this doesn't happen, I have a good feeling about a resume I dropped off at a veterinary hospital. I almost had an interview there before, but they hired someone the day before I went in. I spiffed up my resume, wrote out a fresh new cover letter reiterating my interest in working there, and dropped it off the same day they put the ad up.

Excellent news for all of my animals, whom I plan on pampering once I have a steady paycheck. My betta, for one, will have a lavish environment. It works right now- has some stuff and a hiding place- but it's not that pretty. I'd like to have a theme and make it beautiful, so he'll have lots of fun exploring and I'll have lots of fun watching him. I'll also be looking at better toys and hangouts for my rats. And my cats, of course, are going to be spoiled. As soon as I can afford it, I want to get them a towering cat tree.

Hopefully, there are good things in our future. gonk 'Cause I can't take any more screaming matches, and I just want a job so I can take care of myself and my animals. We're getting by right now, but I want to do more than just get by. I want to live.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:45 pm
I feel for ya.
this morning, my pet mouse died. The thing is, I had gone to the pet store and seen the baby mice. How fresh, I had thought. How alive.
my mouse died of old age.
and still I will never forget her.  

sakotsu-cat

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 pm
the_one_who_is_the_one
I feel for ya.
this morning, my pet mouse died. The thing is, I had gone to the pet store and seen the baby mice. How fresh, I had thought. How alive.
my mouse died of old age.
and still I will never forget her.
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I'm so sorry to hear that. D: No matter how small they are, pets touch our lives in a big way. What was her name?

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games