Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Kayda's getting euthanized (plus a neuter story xD)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm
So, Kayda's getting her plug pulled :< She'll be buried in the middle of my dad's backyard in a running position, since that's how she was most comfortable.
Basically some people from Craigslist came by the house for a dorm loft, and rang the doorbell. The door was shut, but she jumped up on the door, hit the handle with her paw, and opened it and bit the man. That's strike numero tres, so Kayda's going to be euthanized in about a week. Bad summer for Kai, Kayda AND Coca both dying.... if Annabelle dies, I'm so gonna be like "....emo time."

So, I'm babysitting my friend's dog Jax cause he just got neutered and my friend is outta town, right? The vet could only find his right testicle, and they couldn't find the left so they're going in again later. His nicknames range from Jaxy-waxy to Uno to One-ball. Ohhh it's so fun to make fun of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm
thats so sad sad Im sorry,it sucks when you hear about things like this sad you should make sure they go in for the second one as they have a higher chance of testicle cancer if they have the one stuck...  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh no Azu, I'm so sorry!! -hugsnkisses- If you need to talk, I'm always here for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:47 pm
It sucks super bad sad we've got her 'funeral' all figured out. God it's so horrible. Bad bad bad month for Kai.  

Azusanga

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:37 am
Aww, sorry to hear that... *hugs azusanga* crying Rest in peace Kayda.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:34 am
im sorry *hugs*  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 pm
-hugs back-
It's super tough and stuff... like, everything's all picked out and it's so unreal, yah know? Like I never thought that I would have to think about my puppy, whom I always had the most ownership over, would ever pass away. I guess it's for the best, but that sure as hell does NOT mean that I have to like it. She's getting spoiled tomorrow and the first half of Thursday. Long walks, meat meals, and full access to everything she wants. Plus she'll get to see something that she hasn't seen in two years- my parents in the same room together. I'm so scared..

On the slightly brighter side, we may be getting my cousin's cat sooner than expected. My mom said when both of the guinea pigs die (sadd mom, sadd), but that was under the assumption they'd go before our biggest money pit, the dog. Plus, Valentine can't jump more then a foot, so her food has to be on the ground, so it'll make that a lot easier too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:28 pm
It was super sad, a lot of people cried including the vet. We're gonna plant an oak tree over her, so that'll be her grave marker. We took her to a dog park before we went to the vet, so she was absolutely exaughsted when they gave her the tranquilizers. I didn't really cry, I hate crying in front of others and have managed to keep myself busy enough that I don't think about her too much.

So. It looks like Kai's summer of sorrow isn't over yet. Pumpkin has pretty much stopped eating and drinking and lost all of her weight. She's only skin and bones, quite literally. I've never been able go feel a guinea pigs skeletal anatomy, but I could learn where everything on her body is connected and whatnot simply by petting her. I'm force feeding her a slurry of some veggies, her pellets, and some ground up hay. It's thin with a lot of water in it, so she hopefully eats well again soon.... I'll probably loose her too....  

Azusanga

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 pm
Azusanga
It was super sad, a lot of people cried including the vet. We're gonna plant an oak tree over her, so that'll be her grave marker. We took her to a dog park before we went to the vet, so she was absolutely exaughsted when they gave her the tranquilizers. I didn't really cry, I hate crying in front of others and have managed to keep myself busy enough that I don't think about her too much.

So. It looks like Kai's summer of sorrow isn't over yet. Pumpkin has pretty much stopped eating and drinking and lost all of her weight. She's only skin and bones, quite literally. I've never been able go feel a guinea pigs skeletal anatomy, but I could learn where everything on her body is connected and whatnot simply by petting her. I'm force feeding her a slurry of some veggies, her pellets, and some ground up hay. It's thin with a lot of water in it, so she hopefully eats well again soon.... I'll probably loose her too....
awe man sad its not your summer,I know what you mean I had a year like that,I hope that Pumpkin is ok sad and Im sorry about Kayda  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Sorry again Azu =( -morehugs-

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:50 am
She started to eat and drink solids on her own again, and it looks like her digestive system is back up and running, meaning I'm going to be changing her cage tonight razz Oh well.

I was kinda thinking about doin an autopsy on her when she passes, so I can try and figure out what the hell happened, if she had blockages or a cruddy system or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:35 pm
Azusanga
She started to eat and drink solids on her own again, and it looks like her digestive system is back up and running, meaning I'm going to be changing her cage tonight razz Oh well.

I was kinda thinking about doin an autopsy on her when she passes, so I can try and figure out what the hell happened, if she had blockages or a cruddy system or something.
yay biggrin  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Animelover955

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:47 pm
I'm sooo sorry about Kayda. It sucks to have to loose a pet and everything, but at least she spent the last of her days having a blast!

R.I.P sweet Kayda

Also glad to hear your piggie is doing lots better  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 pm
Gosh, I am so sorry. I don't know what else to say! crying  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items