Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paradise Star Studio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:59 am
I have a small "issue" swirling through my mind for the past week.

After 8 months of a hard relationship I finally broke off the engagment not only because he was a horrible person but because I didn't feel love towards him...matter of fact I didn't find any of the guys I usually found attractive a while ago.

I only seem to mainly have a thing for anime guys thats it; but when I see women I get all weird and shy. Well my question is I'm not sure if Im a lesbian or just extremely Bisexual
?!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:00 pm
There is no such thing as 'extremely bisexual' because it covers everything between heterosexuality and homosexuality. There are different points along the line that vary from being mostly heterosexual to being mostly homosexual, however, and it sounds like you're leaning a lot more toward homosexuality than heterosexuality.

It sounds like you're in a transitional stage though as you've still been dating guys but don't really feel the connection with them. Because you pointed out that you only have 'a thing for anime guys' and because such guys don't actually exist (they're an exaggeration of real-world characteristics in both appearance and personality) you can't expect to find one. You seem to only get the characteristic shyness that comes with seeing someone attractive with women and not with men at all - this would make you a lesbian in that respect.

It all comes down to what you are sexually pulled to, however. Do you see yourself having sex and being intimate with only men (heterosexual), only women (homosexual), or both (bisexual)? That is what sexuality comes down to - the sex and intimacy part of a relationship.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Paradise Star Studio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:39 pm
Le Scratch
There is no such thing as 'extremely bisexual' because it covers everything between heterosexuality and homosexuality. There are different points along the line that vary from being mostly heterosexual to being mostly homosexual, however, and it sounds like you're leaning a lot more toward homosexuality than heterosexuality.

It sounds like you're in a transitional stage though as you've still been dating guys but don't really feel the connection with them. Because you pointed out that you only have 'a thing for anime guys' and because such guys don't actually exist (they're an exaggeration of real-world characteristics in both appearance and personality) you can't expect to find one. You seem to only get the characteristic shyness that comes with seeing someone attractive with women and not with men at all - this would make you a lesbian in that respect.

It all comes down to what you are sexually pulled to, however. Do you see yourself having sex and being intimate with only men (heterosexual), only women (homosexual), or both (bisexual)? That is what sexuality comes down to - the sex and intimacy part of a relationship.

Well I always thought Id lose my virginity to a guy but maybe my feelings have changed to only wanting women or that right guy just hasnt captured my true feelings but I dont know Im still sinking in sand at the moment.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games