Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
I don't know how I should feel about this~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 pm
This doesn't really relate to LGBT much but in a way it does.

My boyfriend recently asked me back out and ladidadida...all happy and in love. But today, he told me the reason he doesn't want to really webcam with me or talk to me on our mics anymore is because im short tempered and he said and I quote "I'm scared to mic with you. You might go off on me, and i really don't know how to deal with people when they get angry." He said he was scared of me because i get mad easily.

I was mad to begin with, and quite sad my own boyfriend is scared of me, but I really don't know how I should have reacted to that. I know when I see him tomorrow, I have to act like nothing happened or bring it up again, but I don't know if i should be mad.

So i really don't know what i'm asking...just some thoughts on how I should have reacted towards him saying that. It was pretty hurtful.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm
Perhaps you should let him know you feel upset that your anger is intimidating, but you might also want to apologize. If your anger is directed at him, then perhaps the problem is actually yours for projecting that anger onto him.
If you are simply externalizing it, but not at him, then he may have some issues he needs to deal with.

I don't suppose you could give us some examples of this anger? As in: what caused it, how you reacted, how he reacted or felt, etc?

Gordums

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:07 pm
Gordums
Perhaps you should let him know you feel upset that your anger is intimidating, but you might also want to apologize. If your anger is directed at him, then perhaps the problem is actually yours for projecting that anger onto him.
If you are simply externalizing it, but not at him, then he may have some issues he needs to deal with.

I don't suppose you could give us some examples of this anger? As in: what caused it, how you reacted, how he reacted or felt, etc?

Well I have a short temper when it comes to making me wait or hinting to something but not just telling me. And when people try to confuse me I get very angry because its frustrating for me. I don't direct it at him.

But he always(purposly) says things that confuse me or mock me in a way that just start to annoy me. And then when i tell him to just tell me, he says to be patient but he never tells and then he'll say "its a test If i tell you, thn you'll fail and the purpose will be defeated" And I try not to get angry..i know he's messing with me and loves me. But he always does this so i snap at him a little. Not like "super-raging maniac girlfriend" but i just make him know its making me mad. And he still continues..then he says he scared i'll go off..but its his fault.

And I apologize all the time for being so short-sighted and short tempered but he never really gets over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 pm
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

Well I have a short temper when it comes to making me wait or hinting to something but not just telling me. And when people try to confuse me I get very angry because its frustrating for me. I don't direct it at him.

But he always(purposly) says things that confuse me or mock me in a way that just start to annoy me. And then when i tell him to just tell me, he says to be patient but he never tells and then he'll say "its a test If i tell you, thn you'll fail and the purpose will be defeated" And I try not to get angry..i know he's messing with me and loves me. But he always does this so i snap at him a little. Not like "super-raging maniac girlfriend" but i just make him know its making me mad. And he still continues..then he says he scared i'll go off..but its his fault.

And I apologize all the time for being so short-sighted and short tempered but he never really gets over it.

Perhaps your short temper is part of the problem, but his antagonizing is problematic. I can understand him wanted to see you a bit frustrated a bit, which is fine - a little bit cute. But he also needs to remember that you act in your own way and he is aware of the ways in which you act when provoked.
Have you been extremely serious when telling him these things? Such as letting him know you don't like it when he does that. You could tell him he cna actually be intimidating to you because you are afraid you don't want to flip out on him, so you might start distancing yourself from him so he doesn't provoke you into being mad?

Gordums

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

Perhaps your short temper is part of the problem, but his antagonizing is problematic. I can understand him wanted to see you a bit frustrated a bit, which is fine - a little bit cute. But he also needs to remember that you act in your own way and he is aware of the ways in which you act when provoked.
Have you been extremely serious when telling him these things? Such as letting him know you don't like it when he does that. You could tell him he cna actually be intimidating to you because you are afraid you don't want to flip out on him, so you might start distancing yourself from him so he doesn't provoke you into being mad?

Yes well....we had a nice little sit down conversation about it. I calmly told him to stop at a certain limit and he said he would and apologized for making me mad. Yet he still does it..and lately...the angrier I get...the more he mocks me. I dont mind him frustrating me because I know he thinks its all cute when I get a little confused and don't know what to do, but there is a limit like you said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:23 pm
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

Yes well....we had a nice little sit down conversation about it. I calmly told him to stop at a certain limit and he said he would and apologized for making me mad. Yet he still does it..and lately...the angrier I get...the more he mocks me. I dont mind him frustrating me because I know he thinks its all cute when I get a little confused and don't know what to do, but there is a limit like you said.

Well I'm glad you two sat down and talked about it. Perhaps he needs to be reminded?
This might also be sometime to reflect on how to not let things bother you, not to say you need to suck it up, but rather, be flexible yet firm with yourself?

Gordums

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

Well I'm glad you two sat down and talked about it. Perhaps he needs to be reminded?
This might also be sometime to reflect on how to not let things bother you, not to say you need to suck it up, but rather, be flexible yet firm with yourself?

I suppose I'll have to remind him.
Yeah...well the school put me in anger management classes during lunch next year =.=  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:41 pm
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

Yeah...well the school put me in anger management classes during lunch next year =.=

You are just so00000 lucky, but perhaps they will help?

Gordums

ALonelyFallenStar

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums
ALonelyFallenStar
Gordums

You are just so00000 lucky, but perhaps they will help?

I hope. But the high school councelors are very very VERY rude  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff