Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm

So we were having dessert at my boyfriend's parents house. And his mom was talking about how she needs to start giving Blue (their dog) his vitamin E in his food everyday because he's so itchy all the time. Then out of nowhere, my boyfriend seriously started schooling her on dog nutrition. Like, I now know that he's secretly been researching it on his own because he was talking about brands that I've barely mentioned and there's no way he'd remember from the few convos we've had. He said they should put him on Blue Buffalo, and I told them to look for the Wilderness type because that's the grainless and he goes "Yeah, wilderness is good, but Wellness is the best but I think they're really over priced." I was just shocked because, the only time I mentioned Wellness to him was WAY back before we moved, and he was asking me what I wanted to put Sugar on, and I just rattled off some names and he chose Blue Buffalo because he said it sounded better. He was also talking to them about raw, and about what dogs should really be eating.

I am so proud of him, Mr. "I hate animals" researching animal nutrition on his own when I'm not looking. But anyway, he may have them switched and they're willing to go get Blue a better food than what he's been eating.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 pm

The four of us (My boyfriend, his mom, baby brother and I) went to the pet store today to look at foods. In comparing prices and ingredients (we had $30 to spend) we all decided on Taste of the Wild for Blue. It had better ingredients than BB (first 3-4 were meat, less grains) and it was $3 cheaper. She got him a small bag because she decided that she wants to feed him partial raw. So at the grocery store she got him a bag of chicken breasts. Her plan is to feed him chicken and some vegetables like sweet potatoes and peas. She has one book that gives some info about raw, and I'm going to give her some websites on giving him a balanced diet. I told her about how he needs to have more than just chicken breasts because that's not really balanced, so hopefully some websites will give her a better view.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 pm