Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Gay Planets!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should there be planets for each sexuality?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm
Ok, so I had this retarded Idea, what if there were planets for each Sexuality?

This way....
1. People with common sexual preferences can find each other easily
2. there would be no gay bashing because the homophobic people could live happily on their own planet
3. No more accidentally hitting on someone of the wrong orientation

Just a weird thought I had. Any comments? Id love to hear what other ideas or thoughts people have about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm
I feel that being human is not in shunning those who are different, but in learning to accept that differences are a part of normal life. With such an idea (though it is at this point technologically impossible and very impractical even if it were possible) comes the idea that everyone who is different should be exiled to another place. This is not a good message for us to send, especially since we as a community strive for acceptance and love. I don't like being bashed for my sexuality any more than anyone else does, but ignoring the problem doesn't fix it.

Life is not easy. Life is a struggle for dominance in a world where comfort, love, and wealth are the most common measures of success and where differences are judged, not cherished. Life will be easier at some times than at others, but it will always be difficult. Accepting that other people are different but that they have the right to live in the same place and to speak their voice just as well as you is part of the struggle.

Moved this to General Discussion.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:34 pm
Le Scratch
I feel that being human is not in shunning those who are different, but in learning to accept that differences are a part of normal life. With such an idea (though it is at this point technologically impossible and very impractical even if it were possible) comes the idea that everyone who is different should be exiled to another place. This is not a good message for us to send, especially since we as a community strive for acceptance and love. I don't like being bashed for my sexuality any more than anyone else does, but ignoring the problem doesn't fix it.

Life is not easy. Life is a struggle for dominance in a world where comfort, love, and wealth are the most common measures of success and where differences are judged, not cherished. Life will be easier at some times than at others, but it will always be difficult. Accepting that other people are different but that they have the right to live in the same place and to speak their voice just as well as you is part of the struggle.

It was just a though but the main Idea was to end that struggle by giving choices to those who wanted it, not to shun them for their differences, but to be accepted for them. I think the world would be better off if eveyone had a place they could be accepted into. After all i never said it was realistic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm
I think the motive behind it is great, but what is does is it categorizes people and segregates them based on that sexuality.

Sexuality is very fluid and it can never be replicated. Sure, you may identify as lesbian, but not every lesbian is attracted to the same females as you are. As well, what if you find your sexuality to be different than other lesbians? Everyone has their own sense of sexuality, so we'd have to build planets for each of them. 7 billion planets? Ouch.

As well, how would we be able to interact with our friends of different sexualities? the planet would serve mainly as a dating service and intimate encounter. What if I want to build a law firm with my heterosexual friends?

Though it would be wonderful if we were all accepted for our differences smile
As Le Scratch said, being human is learning to accept differences. Only when we do that, we shed our own judgements and become that much more open and inclusive and accepting of others smile

Gordums

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm
CheezLord
Le Scratch

It was just a though but the main Idea was to end that struggle by giving choices to those who wanted it, not to shun them for their differences, but to be accepted for them. I think the world would be better off if eveyone had a place they could be accepted into. After all i never said it was realistic.
I know you had good intentions with it. I just wanted to put that forward. Even if you did that, as Gordums said, there will always be differences. All you have to do is look at the lipstick lesbian versus the butch lesbian or the flaming gay versus the manly gay. Even within our sexual minority there are lots of differences in taste and expression and if it was not sexuality being the main way of judging it would be one of those other differences. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am
Le Scratch
CheezLord
Le Scratch

I know you had good intentions with it. I just wanted to put that forward. Even if you did that, as Gordums said, there will always be differences. All you have to do is look at the lipstick lesbian versus the butch lesbian or the flaming gay versus the manly gay. Even within our sexual minority there are lots of differences in taste and expression and if it was not sexuality being the main way of judging it would be one of those other differences. 3nodding

This is true . oh well. Guess theres a reason no one has all the answers  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:01 am
CheezLord
Ok, so I had this retarded Idea, what if there were planets for each Sexuality?

This way....
1. People with common sexual preferences can find each other easily
2. there would be no gay bashing because the homophobic people could live happily on their own planet
3. No more accidentally hitting on someone of the wrong orientation

Just a weird thought I had. Any comments? Id love to hear what other ideas or thoughts people have about it.

Then, the gay, lesbian, and transsexual planets would eventually become extinct?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:25 am
Le Scratch

Actually, anthropsychologically speaking, being human IS in shunning those who are different. Deep within the human psyche lies autrophobia,autrophilosophobia,xenophobia,and of course,achytiphobia. All these fears are basically the cause of every war in history. I think I read somewhere that we have these fears simply for the sake of lineage, but I dunno, wouldn't that mean that deep with our primeval mind we want the world to eventually lead to this ,but on a much larger scale?: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=deformed+incest&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW_en&tbm=isch&tbnid=NDbiRb8HipHi5M:&imgrefurl=http://www.thisis50.com/xn/detail/784568:Comment:24965765%3Fxg_source%3Dactivity&docid=tg6OTFAade8ctM&w=459&h=335&ei=peA2TsuWJMrViAKd0Zm6CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=157&vpy=186&dur=1256&hovh=192&hovw=263&tx=112&ty=105&page=7&tbnh=152&tbnw=213&start=67&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:67&biw=1024&bih=499  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:11 pm
Shilberu Erikku
Le Scratch

Actually, anthropsychologically speaking, being human IS in shunning those who are different. Deep within the human psyche lies autrophobia,autrophilosophobia,xenophobia,and of course,achytiphobia. All these fears are basically the cause of every war in history. I think I read somewhere that we have these fears simply for the sake of lineage, but I dunno, wouldn't that mean that deep with our primeval mind we want the world to eventually lead to this ,but on a much larger scale?
I do realize that, psychologically, we shun what is different. It is a struggle to overcome that natural psychology to enough of a degree to at least tolerate such differences in a social situation. I don't expect everyone to be able to be outright accepting - the notion of that is ludicrous at best - but showing a level of tolerance and respect isn't too much to ask.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 pm
I believe that defeats the purpose of communities such as this. Furthermore, who wants to be exiled? The great thing about the world is that you can meet anyone, even people that are different from you in every way.  

Delusional Princess

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff