Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm
I'm pretty excited. I'm going to go on vacation and see a bunch of wild animals I never get the chance to see, really.

These beauties are also rather common in the area I'm going to and I can't wait to photograph them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love finding wild lizards, as I never, ever see any around here.

When you go on vacation, do you like looking for wild animals? Not to harass, of course, but still..

But to be honest I do catch lizards when I see them and then release them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:03 pm
When I travel it's usually through the mountains, so we have to be on watch for critters.
The general populace is deer, moose, bears, mountain goats and wolves. And of course stuff like rodents and birds. And I'm always on the lookout/hoping I might one day get to see a cougar.

~ Aki - Fairy ~

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 pm
I love looking at the wildlife! If possible, I sometimes will try to gently coax them to get into my hand or hold my hand in front of them and see if they'll climb into it on their own. biggrin Other times, if I happen to have my camera, I'll take pictures. biggrin

One time while hiking, I saw a lizard climbing on a tree. I got some pictures of it while it was sitting still. They weren't great pictures, but they were still pretty good. ^_^ While touring the land outside of a Civil War related building (can't remember what one it was), I saw a lizard climbing up the wall of the building. I got pictures of that one too. biggrin

I can't seem to locate the pictures of the one I saw when hiking. I'll post them when I locate them. biggrin

Here's two pictures of the one I saw on the building:

User Image

User Image

I also have lots of pictures of neat bugs and some frogs that were found near my house. I'll post those later. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:02 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
I love looking at the wildlife! If possible, I sometimes will try to gently coax them to get into my hand or hold my hand in front of them and see if they'll climb into it on their own. biggrin Other times, if I happen to have my camera, I'll take pictures. biggrin

One time while hiking, I saw a lizard climbing on a tree. I got some pictures of it while it was sitting still. They weren't great pictures, but they were still pretty good. ^_^ While touring the land outside of a Civil War related building (can't remember what one it was), I saw a lizard climbing up the wall of the building. I got pictures of that one too. biggrin

I can't seem to locate the pictures of the one I saw when hiking. I'll post them when I locate them. biggrin

User Image

User Image

I also have lots of pictures of neat bugs and some frogs that were found near my house. I'll post those later. biggrin

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:14 pm
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

User Image

User Image

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?

I don't remember exactly where I was. I was at a local area (well local for me lol, given that it was likely in the same state that I live in and fairly close by) that had some sort of significance to the civil war in WV I think. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:16 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

User Image

User Image

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?

I don't remember exactly where I was. I was at a local area (well local for me lol, given that it was likely in the same state that I live in and fairly close by) that had some sort of significance to the civil war in WV I think. biggrin

I mean what state was it? Because I was around there where these lizards were and there was some sort of civil war thing  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:25 pm
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

User Image

User Image

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?

I mean what state was it? Because I was around there where these lizards were and there was some sort of civil war thing

I did mention state, though I abreviated it, lol. I think it was West Virginia that I saw it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:55 am
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

User Image

User Image

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?

I did mention state, though I abreviated it, lol. I think it was West Virginia that I saw it.

Oh, I didn't catch that >< whoops.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:03 pm
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

User Image

User Image

those are 5 lined skinks
where were you?

Oh, I didn't catch that >< whoops.

lol it's ok. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 pm
I was sitting outside at my grandmas to take pictures of the hummingbirds when they would come to the feeder and a big male turkey just came like walking through cause of all the bird seed that is on the ground. He didn't even notice me until I got up to go inside. It was so cool! I'll upload pics soon-ish.  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Ooh, we have lots of those guys around here. When I first saw one, I was like "A SKINK! i SAW A SKINK" And of course no one had any idea what I was talking about, and they said I was crazy and talking about skanks, until I finally showed them one. We also have lots of other types of lizards. The green anoles are my favorite and sadly we barely see them.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games