Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 am
I haven't really said much about Calypso lately. Or Kalypso. She really doesn't have an official name spelling...

I don't know what it is but I'm having terrible luck. She, too, is regurging like Medusa but not quite as bad. It seems she can't stomach larger foods which doesn't make a lot of sense.

She used to eat fuzzies fine, then one day I fed her two fuzzies and ever since then she's had a problem with the size of fuzzies, but she's able to eat half a fuzzy and keep it down.

Oh, also, she's calmed down. She used to be really snippy and wild but now you can handle her. She still tries to bite you though after she's eaten. I noticed some elusive poo in the cage after I had fed her one day and she kept going after my hand...it was cute in a way.

I thought I'd share some pics....

Some are crappy, some are less crappy.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:44 pm
I would still be offering her pinks. The size of the food could be the problem. What are the temps like in the cage? How often are you handling her after she eats?  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:12 pm
Whiskey On A Sunday
I would still be offering her pinks. The size of the food could be the problem. What are the temps like in the cage? How often are you handling her after she eats?

I make sure not to handle her at all unless abslolutely nessicary until she's passed her food. They're 75-85 in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:00 pm
What do you use to heat the cage?  

Moth Feathers

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 pm
Moth Feathers
What do you use to heat the cage?

A statted heat emitter, and the stat is like on....86 because for some reason there isn't an 85 to set it on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:38 pm
It's probably best to wait 2-3 days before handling her after eating. They can stay in feeding mode for quite some time. I would also bump the heat emitter up for 90.  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff