Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Monster Galaxy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pokemon at its finest?
  Apparently
  Some of the creatures are much cuter!
  I've never played.
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:20 pm
So... has anyone else tried this Monster Galaxy facebook game? I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. Does anyone have tips? I've just started, so I'm getting used to the system and such. It's pretty easy to learn, for the most part, but I still can't find this "Mogadex" they were talking about.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 am
Maybe I'll look that one up. I used to play some FB games when I was bored, but they got way to boring and repetitive. I'd rather just surf the web than click 100 plots to crop things and s**t.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 pm
I can't be bothered to play facebook games. Though that's probably cause I got a giant videogame checklist I'm trying to get through. Just finished Final Fantasy... oldschool battles, oh man.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:45 pm
I wound up getting into Facebook games when I didn't have a computer that could handle anything more sophisticated. razz And I didn't have a PS2 at that point (I do now) so there wasn't much I could do other than browse the internet. Sometimes that kept me occupied for ages, but sometimes I wanted to play something, and I had friends playing them, and some of them were very interesting, etc. etc. I've weeded them out a couple of different times, but if Gaia is giving you the occasional gold for playing this one, I think I'll toy with it for a while. Particularly since it's very similar to Pokemon, and I love the Pokemon games. sweatdrop  

Ifailedmywillsave

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 am
i play it sometimes. makes me miss pokemon a little. the mogedex is the two balls beside the world. at least thats how i get to it. its labelled team.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am
I think its a waste of the talents of the people who made it. Its just a way of milking money off people who have nothing better to do. Its like someone cant come up with their own ideas so they have to copy pokemon and change it just enough so people who haven't played pokemon wouldn't know the difference. And it's incredibly boring.
Yours truly Mr.Troll.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am
I refuse, I'm Facebook/Twitter/Myspace free. I refuse to encourage Gaia about further integration with Facebook, the way I figure it it's not long before I try logging in one day only to be told I need to start making a facebook account for all of my avi's. Gaia's really beginning to scare me a little with that. Theres also no excuse why regular users couldn't use Monster Galaxy without a FB account and the explaination they gave us was ridiculous, my friend told me day one a year or so ago he could play zOMG off his facebook account without any problems what so ever. They are just trying to hook, sink and lure you in; not working on me very well.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 pm
Kosai Avonej
I refuse, I'm Facebook/Twitter/Myspace free. I refuse to encourage Gaia about further integration with Facebook, the way I figure it it's not long before I try logging in one day only to be told I need to start making a facebook account for all of my avi's. Gaia's really beginning to scare me a little with that. Theres also no excuse why regular users couldn't use Monster Galaxy without a FB account and the explaination they gave us was ridiculous, my friend told me day one a year or so ago he could play zOMG off his facebook account without any problems what so ever. They are just trying to hook, sink and lure you in; not working on me very well.

Speak the truth brother!  

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 pm
Jelly - Oh, is that what they mean? I suppose that makes sense, but why didn't they title it Mogadex if that's what they're going to call it? Or if they're not going to ever reference it that way again, why did they give it that name in the first place? It seems like an odd decision to make, given its possibly sue-worthy similarities to a Pokedex. confused

Mosh - You're not wrong, heh... I don't know that it's a complete waste, if what they're going for is to get people's money, or if it's to get practice animating and coloring and such. But it's not very creative, and it's slow, that's very true. I don't usually play it constantly - it's more of a background thing or if I'm bored and want to get some extra gold I'll poke it a bit. But for me, it's a better alternative to zOMG and many of the other Gaia games. I like slower-paced games, and find zOMG very frustrating when they can't give me more explicit instructions in quests and things. So the simplicity of MG appeals to me. I won't lie, though, I'm mostly in it for the cute little critters.

Kosai - That's great! I really ought to be FB-free. I mostly use it for games and getting a hold of friends who don't live right next to me, but I definitely don't need any of the games and such. I certainly hope Gaia doesn't go entirely Facebook. There's no need and it will alienate a lot of folks. I admit, I was rather annoyed that they required you to have FB to play Monster Galaxy. It's pretty unnecessary. Particularly if you have to sign in from Gaia in order to get the gold anyway!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 pm
You do have a point. I guess it just depends on your taste. 3nodding  

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 pm
They keep changing Monster Galaxy about, so its hard to be sure of the best way to play it.

I hoarded starseeds for ages and then went around caught a bunch of legendaries at Ahab's Abyss... I haven't been able to get back there since a patch made all my moga too low level though.

You can still get a second bonus attack (from whistles) if you use a buff/debuff power after already doing a first bonus attack.

There is no way I am ever going to spend any money on it though.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:54 pm
yeah, im not entire sure what im doing, but i clicked on everything at one point xD  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm
It was fun for awhile when it first started but then it quickly became another thing I just ignore on my list of games on facebook.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am
I tried it, but it's very much not my thing.

Love,
the person who has never experienced Pokemon  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Szen
I tried it, but it's very much not my thing.

Love,
the person who has never experienced Pokemon

Oh my... you sir are a rare breed indeed. I think I only know one other person who hasn't tasted the craze that is Pokemon.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games