aweful dream :'(

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 am
There was a shark movie marathon on space yesterday lol.

So I dreamed that a massive tsunami was headed our way. But my parents never sat us down to discuss what this meant, what our plan was, and everyone kept referring to it as the "street race" cause everyone would be running and pushing each other. So here I thought there was some kind of car race, never realized what was happening till last minute. Which is totally typical. And then I was freaking out, I was trying to get to my friend when it hit. Somehow we survived, managed to outrun it long enough that when it hit it didn't crush us, and then, I am a pretty strong swimmer. I met up with my family, who had packed the car with only the essentials and left WITHOUT my fur babies. So I was totally flipping out. I went back for them, and prepared for the worst. Everything was soaked but I opened the door and Cowboy came bounding out, but then I couldn't find Rascal. I started to pack Cowboy's things first. Food, water, leash. Then Rascal's in hope. THEN mine. Just a few layers of dry cloating and my wet suit. As I was leaving I found Rascal in a tree. Then I set off with my cat in his carrier, dog on a leash and just a nap sack with a few clothes and pet food. My parents were not being understanding at all. They were kind of disapointed we had to toss the tv to make room for the pets. I was like either the TV or me, but the animals are going with you.

That was so scary, it was like, ya, it's coming, and it's gona wipe us all out, so, nothing you can do but wait to die crying

Do any of you have evac plan in real life? We actually DONT have natural disasters like that here. The absolute worst we faced was ice storm of 98, power was out for months, streets were sheer ice. People without fire places or generators had to relocate (meaning me, I went to live with my grandmother and my parents stayed with friends) I think we were lucky in that that was right before we got Rascal and right after Rocky passed, so it was just our dog to worry about and he went to live with my aunt on her farm.

Anyway, the only kind of emergency I imagine facing is a fire. Or possibly a small flood of rain. So the hamster cage is NEXT to the rat cage to make it easy to grab them and run. Rascal's crate is in the laundry room, no good for fire but, at least I can grab him and get him out safe, but after that dream I might bring it up here, keep it under my bed. Either way, I have no way of knowing where i'd be or what exit so, as long as I get him out, I would worry about catching him after.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:01 am
My bad dreams usually result in my praying mantises getting squished somehow. ;o;

There are a couple of disasters that could hit where I live, but the only one you can really prepare for is the hurricane. How we prepare would depend on how bad of a storm. So far all have been ridden out at the house though if a bad enough of one was coming My mother and me would be going upstate with the animals. For Christmas last year my parents put together a really nice emergency kit for Kirby so that would be crossed off the list. Other than that I would grab his crate, food, water, leashes, and a couple of toys.

The mantises are easy peasy. I would grab their travel cages, throw some crickets in one of my smaller plastic cages, and they would be set.  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm
I think I should organize some sort of emergency kit. Nothing really usually happens, but the house was in danger of being flooded earlier in the year.
If something was to happen, I would first grab the dogs leashes and get a bag with a blanket or towel, chuck some toys and treats in (and my clicker, providing I hadn't lost it). Food might get tricky now that they're on the raw diet (I should probably buy some cans of dog food for emergencies...). I'd have to get a cooler bag, chuck all their meat in it and some bowls or plates.

The guinea pigs don't have a travel cage. I would use their cage if I had to, though most likely I would get my mums basket with gardening stuff in it (has a lid, handles, small but big enough that they have some space, and has plenty of air holes, or a cardboard box. I'd probably put a towel down, most of the bedding they have in their cage, and their pipes. Then I would quickly gather up what veggies and fruit I have and grab their pellets.

My bad dreams are usually with one of my animals attacking me, or doing creepy things like wearing dresses  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:14 am
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

I have bad dreams where there's a ton of cats and I can't find the one that looks just like Malcolm- they're always similar but there's something off. I start crying and saying that I just want my cat back.

I do not have emergency plans of any kind, which I hate because I believe very strongly in being prepared. When we lived in our own place and actually had some spare money, I tried to assemble an emergency pack but it never happened. The furthest I got was a list of things to buy, but never did. xp We don't even have a first aid kit, which I also wanted. What also sucks is that my boyfriend and I don't have a license, so if there's any kind of evacuation emergency, we have to depend on his mother to drive us all out. So we'll probably get driven into certain doom. lol

The only natural disasters I think we could face here are volcano eruptions and power-destroying storms. Eh, maybe flooding, but my boyfriend says that only downtown gets flooded from the river and it doesn't get this far. We live near Mt. Rainier, though! I read that it's considered one of the most dangerous volcanoes-- great. A couple towns over, there's Orting, which sits entirely on top of a volcanic lahar and will pretty much get completely obliterated if Mt. Rainier decides to blow its top. They actually have volcano drills and sirens.

Funny story: I once heard two booms and started running around screaming, "WAS THAT THE VOLCANO?! IS IT EXPLODING?!" Turns out they were just fighter jet sonic booms from when the president was in Seattle. Mt. Rainier is gorgeous to look at, but it is truly an awesome behemoth of a mountain. If anything is worthy of the literal definition of awesome, that mountain is it. Such beauty, such power, such danger. ;-;

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 pm
Yeah for the most part. In the case of tornados, the rabbits are already in the basement, we just have to catch them and corral them into a corner in my sister's room. In the case of fire, we'd grab a laundry basket and put them in it and run upstairs and put le door. For flooding, their cage is on metal legs around 4 feet high. As long as it's under that, they're pretty much safe.

At my moms, we pretty much trust the cat to find her way back, she's escaped and came back the same night loads of times. The hamster would be a matter of taking off the top half of his cage, putting his screen on, and carrying him out. The guinea pig is easy enough to just hold.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games